Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 March 2021

Thai Fish Curry with Coconut Cream : Great tasting and Low Carb


Mid-week already! Whatever happened to Monday and Tuesday? Our days passed by happily and quietly, the temperatures were warmer and Spring was definitely in the air, perhaps a sign of better things to come, we hope so.

But as it's now mid-week, how about considering this creamy oven-bake curry for dinner today! It is a great way to cook fish, nicely seasoned and flavoured (as you can see from the ingredients), and it's quick and easy to make. Who knows it may just become a new favourite in your menu plans.

Ingredients
Serves Four : 10g carbs per serving
1 tbsp coconut oil for greasing the baking dish
650 g salmon, boneless fillets or white fish (e.g. cod, haddock, halibut), in pieces
salt and pepper
28 g butter or ghee
2 tbsp red curry paste or green curry paste
475 ml coconut cream
120 ml (8 g) fresh cilantro, chopped (also known as coriander/dhania)
450 g cauliflower or broccoli

Tip
If you can't find coconut cream in your grocery store you can use canned coconut milk, but then use two cans. Let the cans sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or over-night. Carefully open the cans and scoop out the coconut cream that will have solidified on top.

Don't use the thinner coconut water from the can for this recipe, but don't throw it out either. You can save it and use in smoothies and other refreshing drinks.

Instructions
can be seen here

Cilantro is a herb with wide delicate lacy green leaves and a pungent flavour. The seed of the cilantro plant is known as coriander. Although cilantro and coriander come from the same plant, their flavours are very different and cannot be substituted for each other. (Some countries refer to the cilantro as coriander, so any references to "fresh coriander" or "coriander leaves" refer to cilantro.) It can be easily confused with flat-leaf parsley in appearance, so be sure to sniff carefully. Look for a bunch with un-wilted leaves in medium green. Found fresh year round in most markets.
Information about Cilantro from here

Talking Thai, you may also want to try these choices
Time For Thai Choices : Fish, Pumpkin, Vegetables, Chicken, Tofu : see here

Dear reader, this blog offers a wide variety of recipes/food ideas, and not all may be suitable for you. If you have any food likes / dislikes, allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

32 comments:

DVArtist said...

Curry is not one of my faves but this does look good.

Martha said...

Sounds delicious. I'll put that extra coconut water to work in some frozen Pina Coladas! :)

DUTA said...

Looks like a delightful recipe for a fish meal! Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

This looks delicious!

Margaret D said...

That looks and sounds good. Love Curry.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta, me gusta el pescado. Ye mando un beso

Tom said...

..new to me!

William Kendall said...

As I do not go for seafood, I'd not partake in this one.

Lorrie said...

This looks easy and very tasty!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never tried curry with fish.
Coffee is on and stay safe

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous, loving the look of this recipe.... Sorry if I haven't been around, had family fly in for a visit and cherished the moments. xx

Elephant's Child said...

What a great tip about extracting coconut cream from cans of coconut milk. Thank you.

Jules said...

It looks delicious and so simple to make. I'll definitely try this recipe. X

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to being able to eat normally again! Valerie

Elderberry-Rob said...

the flavours sound good but I don't like fish - if I ever have a fish fanatic for dinner though, this would be something I could make them :) looks healthy and colourful.

Sami said...

This is something I would gladly eat. Thanks Jan, I've saved the recipe

Ananka said...

I make my curries with coconut milk!

Lady Fi said...

I would definitely try this with tofu.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my, looks wonderful! Thanks Jan :)

Inger said...

I think I will make a modified version of this. It looks delicious and I need some change in how I make my fish dishes. I mainly eat fish and haven't used much imagination.

Shari Burke said...

This looks wonderful! Will be trying it! Thanks for posting!

Teresa said...

Otra receta interesante. Besos.

Jenn Jilks said...

Curry is a wonderful spice!

sandy said...

the photo looks delicious.

Mary Kirkland said...

I'm not a fan of curry at all but I love fish.

R's Rue said...

Wow

Snowbird said...

Hubs would love this!xxx

happyone said...

It sure looks good but curry is not one of my favorite spices.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

It looks good.

Angie said...

Jan - some of the fish curry I have had in the past is one of the more memorable dishes I have ever had! I look forward to trying this recipe! Enjoy your spring weather!

Sue said...

Now this looks really nice, definitely worth a try! xx

Jeanie said...

Fish, curry and coconut. What's not to love!