Total Pageviews

Monday 13 September 2021

Mondays Starter For Ten !

As regular readers know, this blog brings a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, recipes and more! It is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. Our main focus is about the Low Carb Higher (Healthy) Fat lifestyle, LCHF for short, and you can read/find out more about that here

But today for a change I thought why not start the week with some trivia! So here are ten facts to start the week! Did you know any of these facts?

1. The Lego Group is the world’s most powerful brand. There are more Lego Mini-figures than there are people on Earth.

2. The tongue is the only muscle in one’s body that is attached from one end.

3. Costa Coffee employs Gennaro Pelliccia as a coffee taster, who has had his tongue insured for £10 million since 2009.

4. IKEA is an acronym which stands for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd, which is the founder’s name, farm where he grew up, and hometown.

5. The unique smell of rain actually comes from plant oils, bacteria, and ozone.

6. More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than any other country in the world.

7. It’s not just humans who are right or left-handed. Most female cats prefer using their right paw and males are more likely to be left-pawed.

8. The Guinness World Record for the time longest spend searching for the Loch Ness Monster is held by Steve Feltham who camped at Loch Ness for 25 years.

9. While dinosaurs roamed the earth, they lived on every continent including Antarctica.

10. Lettuce is a member of the sunflower family.

talking of lettuce,
have you tried this green salad recipe,
it's by Mary Berry - more details here

Please note, not all the recipe suggestions featured within this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

36 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I've love little facts like these.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Tom said...

...interesting trivia.

Christine said...

I enjoyed your trivia! And knew none of these.

Christine said...

oh I did know about IKEA

Sandi said...

"There are more Lego Mini-figures than there are people on Earth."

Let's hope they don't plot a hostile takeover.

J.P. Alexander said...

Me gusto conocer estos datos conocía alguno como lo del olor a lluvia, pero no sabía lo delas lechugas. Te mando un beso

Margaret D said...

How interesting, I rather like good trivia.

Elephant's Child said...

Some great facts. Almost all sulphur crested cockatoos are left footed.

Valerie-Jael said...

Some fun facts today. Lettuce and sunflowers? I would never have guessed that! Have a great week, Valerie

mamasmercantile said...

Fun facts, a great post.

Giorgio said...

Great post! ... I would have never thought the Lego Group is the world’s most powerful brand. Sorry to hear many tornadoes occur in the UK.

Have a nice week!

eileeninmd said...

Interesting facts and post.
The salad looks yummy!
Take care, have a happy new week!

Iris Flavia said...

Wow on #1. We still have another LEGO-Henry (too tiny for my hands).
#2 I had to eat!!! I "had to"!! MY FIL baked it for us. It was yummy, but my brain said "nooooo". Whose tongue am I biting?! Never had so many potatoes to mantle the "meat"!

Haven´t been to IKEA in ages (just a walk of 5km from here).

Wow on #5!
#6 is scary.
#7 should appear in The Simpsons!
#8... oh, boy... #10 - love it even more now.

Fun read, thank you, very interesting.


R's Rue said...

I want that salad. I learned something today. Thank you for sharing.

baili said...

all that i did not know before :)

thank you for sharing ten interesting facts dear Jan .
i think if you keep doing it once in a week i would love to learn more :)
blessings!

Sue said...

Oooh I kind of knew about the rain thing, does 1/2 out of 10 win me a cabbage? Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

Kim said...

Very interesting facts...and I had no idea about lettuce!

CJ Kennedy said...

I didn't know Ikea was an acronym. And the smell of the earth after rain is called petrichor

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I only knew one of these facts and it is the one about the tongue muscle. I was most surprised about the tornadoes, since I live in "Tornado Alley" in the states. Interesting info.

Azka Kamil said...

I've love little facts like these.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Love trivia! Interesting about lettuce and sunflower connection
Early 2001-ish, I posted online a picture of the last Lego (small 2 connect dot piece) I stepped on. Now I see other folks are mentioning the last Lego they've stepped on. lol

carol l mckenna said...

Very interesting trivia post ~ fascinating ~ thanks ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Pam said...

Nice info. I did not know any of those.

Debbie said...

such fun facts!! i am not going to tell you how many i did not know!!

William Kendall said...

It was when Steve took a weekend holiday that Nessie did one of her rare appearances. :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

All very interesting facts! I am especially surprised that England has the most tornadoes per square foot!

happyone said...

I knew 1 and 2 but that was it. Very interesting facts.
The most surprising to me was that most tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom!!
The other surprising one was that lettuce is in the sunflower family!!

My name is Erika. said...

Fascinating. I knew about the tongue but not that the world was about to be overrun by lego figures. But luckily they are fun and there's not much to worry about. Smile. Happy new week.

Rose said...

I don't remember ever knowing a single one of those facts! I wonder what that says about me.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Informação muito interessante.
Um abraço e boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It’s great to learn something new, and while I knew a couple of these trivia facts, like the IKEA acronym there were many I learned anew.

Ananka said...

Didn't know them except the rain one! Interesting about the cats, I'll need to observe my lot...2 girls and 1 boy. Also my daughter who is nearly 3 is looking like she will be a left hander!

Snowbird said...

What a wonderful set of facts. The tornadoes surprised me. Re Ikea, I never knew that!xxx

Maria Rodrigues said...

How interesting facts. Great post!
Take care

Shari Burke said...

How fun and interesting!

Teresa said...

Todo muy interesante.Besos.