Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 May 2022

May - Time for the first of the month quiz - plus - Mediterranean-style bean salad


As we welcome May, the fifth month of the year, it's time for the first of the month quiz. I'm only asking seven questions, I hope you may have a go at answering them.

1. May has always had thirty-one days
True or false?

2. May has always been the fifth month.
True or false?

3. Most sources say that May was named after Maia. Who was Maia originally?
Greek goddess
Caesar's daughter
Norse goddess
Caesar's wife

4. Two flowers are considered to be the flowers of May.
cherry blossom and daffodils
chestnut blossom and laburnum
tulips and hyacinths
hawthorn and lily of the valley

5. What is the modern birthstone for May?
Emerald
Ruby
Amethyst

6. May the first was a special day in Roman times. It was sacred to the goddess of flowers. What was her name?
Fiona
Flora
Hyacinth
Rhea

7. In England also May the first was a special day. The special dance on this day was round this.
mayflower tree
well
statue of Pan
maypole

How did you do? Please come back tomorrow when the answers will be revealed. 😊

Mediterranean-style bean salad
A quick no-cook dish, which can be eaten on it's own,
or goes nicely with steamed white fish e.g. cod.


Ingredients
Serves Four
290g jar artichoke heart in oil
1 tbsp. sundried tomato paste
1 tsp white wine vinegar
410g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
300g small vine tomato, quartered (about 12 in total)
handful Kalamata black olives
2 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced on the diagonal
200g log soft goat's cheese, crumbled

A can of tuna could be used instead of goats cheese, just flake it into the salad. 
You could use Feta cheese if preferred
Instructions
can be seen here

~ wishing all readers a lovely day ~

This blog is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, music and recipes! However, not all the recipes ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

24 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm clueless when it comes to this!

Louca por porcelana said...

I will come back tomorrow!

Susan Kane said...

The recipe sounds awesome.

peppylady (Dora) said...

My mouth is watering
Coffee is on and stay safe

Elephant's Child said...

That salad sounds good. I will be back tomorrow to see how I did. Thank you.

Christine said...

Tough questions

J.P. Alexander said...

Te deseo un buen mes te mando un beso.

sandy said...

well i know May has ..oh i shouldn't say for others can guess ..but i know that one. The others i have no idea, lol

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy May to you and yours, Valerie

eileeninmd said...

Happy month of May to you!
I will come back and see the answers.
The salad looks delicious.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

My name is Erika. said...

I don't know many of these at all. I can't wait to read what the answers actually are.

R's Rue said...

I want to make that salad. Thank you for sharing.

Martha said...

Interesting questions! And the recipe looks great!

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm not a cheese person so I like the idea of using tuna instead.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think I have six of them correct, but I may only know five. I'll learn for sure tomorrow. As for the last one, now I know where that came from. We did this as children here in the states, too.

Your salad looks good, but I'd substitute goat chees with feta. Happy May, dear Jan.

Pam said...

I am going to write my answers down and see just how close I am. Not looking anything up either....see you tomorrow.

Laura. M said...

Me gustó esta entrada. Y la ensalada
Buen domingo y Mayo para Todos.
Un abrazo.

pam nash said...

Think I got most correct! I'll be back tomorrow.

happyone said...

I think I only got 2 right and this is my birthday month!!!

Jeanie said...

I aced April. If I ace May it's only because of luck, though I think I have a few for sure!

It's me said...

Happy may love Ria and Leaf 🌸🍀🐾🌺



Bob Bushell said...

May is the month filled with sunshine, I love May.

Teresa said...

Pasaré para ver las respuestas. Besos.

William Kendall said...

I'll check the next post when I get to it, but I think I've got two.