Total Pageviews

Wednesday 1 February 2023

It's February 2023

Time to say goodbye to January as we welcome February.


The February sunshine steeps your boughs and tints the buds and swells the leaves within.

As we welcome February, I think many readers will agree this month is mostly recognized for Valentine’s Day, which is on the 14th of February. Yes cards, flowers and chocolate sales go sky high! I wonder, will you be sending your Valentine a special card?

The month of February fluctuates between having 28 and 29 days per year. The 29th day only occurs every 4 years during leap years, and the next leap year will be 2024.

The length of February was finalized when Julius Caesar remade the Roman calendar and assigned the month 28 days and 29 days. In 713 B.C., February was officially added to the Roman calendar.

If you were born in February, your birthstone is an amethyst and your birth-flower is a violet or primrose.

The zodiac signs in February are Aquarius which is until February 18th, and Pisces, which is from February 19th.

Of all the words you can misspell, February is one of the most misspelled words in the English language.

The Saxons called February “Sol-monath” which means “cake month” because they would offer cakes to the gods during February.

In celebration of "cake month" and Valentines Day
I share a delicious low carb Chocolate Cappuccino Cake recipe idea


Ingredients
Chocolate Cake
90g ground almond
30g soya flour
5 big eggs
125g unsalted butter (softened)
150g xylitol (powdered)
100g dark chocolate 
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. bicarbonate soda
Coffee cream
250g mascarpone cheese
200g whipping cream
4 tsp. instant coffee
3 tsp. powdered gelatine
4 tbsp. xylitol
Top layer
250g whipping cream
1 tbsp. xylitol (or more if you wish)
Instructions
can be seen here

~ Wishing you a happy February 2023 ~

We bring a variety of articles and recipe ideas to this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

Just a reminder
It seems many of us are still experiencing problems with blogger, especially with comments going into the spam folder. 

A known blogger friend often leaves two or three comments on this blog some come through as normal while others go in the spam folder! Why I do not know, but do please check your spam folder daily.

All the best Jan

37 comments:

J.P. Alexander said...

Uy no sabñía tantas cosas de este mes. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Creations By Cindy said...

That cake looks so good. So funny because today I 2nd questioned myself on spelling February! LOL! I had a retired florist tell me once that Valentine's Day was a best seller for flower orders but also the most expensive. I told Marty a long time ago to NOT spend our money on flowers for Valentines day. Well, then he started buying candy and guess who eats it? HIM! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

My name is Erika. said...

Happy February to you.I love the idea that it is cake month too.

Chatty Crone said...

The cake looks great.
I love February because I am a Pieces!

Tom said...

...the best part of February is that the days are getting longer.

William Kendall said...

That cake looks delicious.

I check spam folders two or three times a day now.

Christine said...

Happy February! I always check my spam folder now thanks

Elephant's Child said...

Happy February. I do check my spam folder daily. Sadly blogger has taken to going back to older posts and removing comments.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Maybe I should try to do a cake.
Coffee is on and stay safe

roentare said...

A very yummy looking cake

Deniz Bevan said...

I had no idea about cake month! That cake looks delicious! We have a lot of family birthdays this month, so thank you for sharing the recipe :-)

linda said...

Happy February! that cake looks yummy.

eileeninmd said...

Happy February! The cake looks delicious!
Take care, have a great day!

stardust said...

February here is the time to feel and see the sign of spring in the piercing cold. "Setsubun" celebrates the end of winter and the beginning of spring. It is February 3rd this year. The cake looks so delicious.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That cake sure looks delicious. Happy February.

God bless.

Anita said...

.Welcome Februar!!love the sunlight that is visible now:) And longer days!Makes one wants to be out and have long walks again!
Hmm Valentine!Many years ago we did so ,Now it is maybe the young ones who do this kind of nice things!
Iove that cake !Think i will try it!Have saved it !

Greetings Anita

CJ Kennedy said...

February can sometimes feel like the longest month of the year with Winter weather still hovering. I think I can get through the last of Winter by celebrating cake month.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy February & Cake!

Barwitzki said...

February... how wonderful. It's my birthday month and February is carnival time and there are "Pfannkuchen" pancakes - these round yeast dough cakes fried in fat with sugar all around and delicious jam hidden inside :-))) And these are only bought from your favorite baker :-)
But: maybe I'll bake your beautiful chocolate cake??? A happy greeting to you from Viola
I wish you a wonderful February.

Jeanie said...

I like the idea of solmanath. Maybe it's time to bake another Battenberg!

Donna said...

Thanks for the cake recipe!
Happy February!
hugs
Donna

DVArtist said...

Happy February. I think I have all of the ingredients to make that cake. Have a very nice day today.

Teresa said...

Feliz febrero para ti y tu familia. Besos.

Valerie-Jael said...

That cake looks good. Have a happy February! Valerie

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful recipe for Valentine's Day! Where did January go? Happy February to you :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I really like this new month of February, perhaps more so as it is my birth 🎂month and so I have never misspelled it 😉. The cake looks delicious and would make a wonderful birthday treat, but then that would mean I would have to actually make it!

Mary Kirkland said...

This is my birthday month and that cake looks like just what I need.

John M said...

Looks delicious, I love Cappuccino Cake.

happyone said...

Oh my I'd love a piece of that cake!!!

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa noite de quarta-feira. Um excelente mês de fevereiro com muita saúde e paz.

sandy said...

Looks delicious!

It's me said...

That cake look amazing….mmmmmmm…why do you live so far away ?….hahahaha happy day love from me 🍀❤️🐾🍀

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

The flowers are beautiful and the view of the cake makes me salivate
Hugs and greetings.

Laura. M said...

Bienvenido febrero. Y gracias por tan rica receta.
Un abrazo.

Bill said...

The cake looks delicious. I check the spam folder every day and find a few here and there. I had to rescue you from it today so you're fine now. :)

Conniecrafter said...

Happy February, I will have to say when I was younger I had a hard time spelling this month :) You know I will be making a couple Valentine cards :)
Wishing you a good month!

Snowbird said...

I love these posts, always full of fascinating facts. That cake looks the business!xxx