Total Pageviews

Wednesday 28 August 2024

Tea Cup Salad !

The weather in parts of the UK has been quite warm and definitely salad weather, in fact I enjoyed one today ... and I know Eddie was smiling down at me saying trust you to eat it in a tea cup 😀 Yes, as regular readers will know, I do like my cup of tea, but how about this! Watermelon salad in a tea-cup ... that's different.


Watermelon salad in a tea-cup

This recipe is from Lee Holmes, and she writes:-
"This dainty salad is a gorgeous, refreshing snack, light meal or post-meal enjoyment that will provide instant refreshment as well as a welcomed hit of hydration and nutrients. Watermelons are mostly water — about 92 percent — but every juicy bite has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, as well as lycopene and beauty-boosting antioxidants that help keep your complexion glowing all summer long...

Ingredients
Serves 3
350 g (12 oz/2 cups) diced seedless watermelon
90 g (31/4 oz/2 cups) baby English spinach leaves
Small handful of mint leaves, torn or roughly chopped
1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
60 g (21/4 oz/ 1/2 cup) crumbled goat’s cheese

Dressing
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lime juice
Handful of coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
130 g (41/2 oz/ 1/2 cup) sheep’s milk yogurt (available from supermarkets)
Celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Method
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl, then divide between three wide-mouthed teacups, mugs or bowls. Spoon the dressing on top and serve immediately.

Supercharged tip
Keep the salad and dressing separate until just before serving, then when you’re ready to eat spoon the dressing on top."
Image and recipe from Lee Holmes here


~ good wishes to all readers - sharing some summer soft shades ~
(image from google)

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic (more about this here) and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

50 comments:

Tom said...

...lovely idea, but I'll stick with my salad bowl!

Divers and Sundry said...

Salad in a tea cup is new to me, but I'm thinking it'd make a lovely lunch table.

Rustic Pumpkin said...

It sounds very refreshing, although here in the west we've yet to see a glimmer of summer!

roentare said...

This looks like a real treat with so much freshness

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yep, very tasty. Although I omit the onion and substitute the goat's cheese for Feta.

God bless.

Mari said...

Eddie would be proud of you!
The salad looks good and refreshing.

chica said...

Muito boa a salada e gostei de servida na xícara!
beijos, chica

The Happy Whisk said...

I love eating food from my cups! I do it all the time! So fun. Soup too, right in the mug.

Carola Bartz said...

I love the idea of serving the salad in a tea cup. That certainly is something different.
I'm glad that you're back to blogging. I have been thinking of you and I'm glad that you have family and friends who are supporting you in this difficult time. Please take good care of yourself. Big hugs - Carola

Elephant's Child said...

That looks delectable and the tea cup looks like the perfect serving size too. Good to think of Eddie smiling at you.

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve una rica ensalada. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Watermelon is a favorite of mine, Jan. This looks great and I'm sure refreshing. In a tea cup is quite clever. Take care of yourself, my friend.

Christine said...

Love your salad in a teacup!

DUTA said...

I think a tea cup is quite a proper container for all kinds of salads, especially fruit salad,

Jeff said...

What a clever look , a salad in a tea cup. Go easy on yourself and enjoy these little things.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

If there is one thing I dislike it’s raw spinach! And a salad bowl or side plate will do me fine, thank you!

Kim in Oregon said...

I'm staring at a watermelon right now, Jan, so thanks for this idea!

Rose said...

That sounds so tasty...just watermelon alone sounds tasty, too.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your salad looks lovely in the tea cup. Such an interesting way to serve it and it looks refreshing and delicious .

Linda said...

It looks very attractive.

Linda said...

That is cute presentation. Looks delicious, too.

Angie's Recipes said...

The salad looks so pretty and refreshing!

Margaret D said...

That's a great idea, salad in a tea cup, that would be a very small portion Jan.
Welcome, lovely to see a post from you....thank you.

Granny Marigold said...

I've never heard of watermelon in a salad but why not? Could be very refreshing.

Shari Burke said...

That does look refreshing!

Jules said...

I eat my porridge out of a large cup, as I like that it has a handle :)
The salad sounds delicious and refreshing. Xx

jabblog said...

Welcome back, Jan. Eddie would be proud of you.
The tea cup salad looks so refreshing.

Jo said...

It looks very refreshing but I think it's just about time to get the slow cooker back out, definitely hints of autumn creeping in now.

eileeninmd said...

The salad sounds delicious, cute idea serving the salad in a tea cup.
Take care, wishing you a great day!

Little Wandering Wren said...

I think I might be a late adopter of salad in a tea cup idea! This looks a lovely recipe.

Kim said...

I eat out of teacups all the time, too!! Thinking of you, Jan...

Jeanie said...

I never would have thought of that but I think it's a wonderful idea!

R's Rue said...

Looks delicious.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Conniecrafter said...

It is a pretty way to serve it for sure :) We have been enjoying watermelon more here lately :) I hadn't heard of sheeps yogurt

Bill said...

Looks very nice and delicious.

Ananka said...

That looks good and I like the teacup idea too. :-D

I donno where our good weather is up here, we've had nothing but rain all summer. Please send us some sun up, just a few days is all I am asking for!!!

This N That said...

I think somewhere in my past I have had watermelon and mint together. It was very refreshing.... But I never heard of Sheep's yogurt.

HappyK said...

I like that idea. Different!!

Mary Kirkland said...

It's a cute idea.

CherryPie said...

It looks refreshing.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great idea. I like soup in a mug because I can sit on the couch and watch TV while I eat. That would be true for salads too.

DeniseinVA said...

What a great idea Jan, thank you so much! I agree with Jabblog, Eddie would be very proud of you and yes, he is looking down and smiling :)

roughterrain crane said...

It's a good choice to put watermelon in salad. Have a nice weekend.

Donna said...

If it says, "Fun", go for it! lol
Salad looks good!
hugs
Donna

DVArtist said...

Oh this looks so good. I have a few minutes this AM and wanted to see what you are serving today. Have a very nice day.

Carla from The River said...

How fun... and yummy too. I made a cantaloupe salad to go with my lunch, I added fresh English mint. :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This really does look yummy. Thanks for sharing. Sweet hugs, Diane

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I’m sure your Eddie is smiling down on you with your delicious salad in the teacup.

Teresa said...

Me parece una buena idea, seguro que está buenísima. Besos.

William Kendall said...

A different way to have salad.