Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Fun Facts This Wednesday

 Changing the pace with this midweek post.

Bringing you three fun facts 😊

~ xxx ~

October 7 is National Bathtub Day, a day that encourages you to draw a luxurious bath with bubbles, bath bombs, scented oils and a rubber duck to soak away your worries.


Tonight, October 7, 2026, the Moon is in its Waning Crescent phase with 12% illumination, marking the final stage before the next New Moon and the start of a new lunar cycle.


Every October, Earth passes through debris from Halley’s Comet, creating the Orionid meteor shower. Peaking around October 20–22, around 20 meteors per hour are visible under dark skies.


and finally any Wednesday (or indeed any day) is a great day for sharing a cuppa with friends


Have a happy day

All the best Jan

7 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

WHERE TO SEE THE ORIONID METEOR SHOWER IN THE UK

https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/space-astronomy/orionid-meteor-shower-2026-when-where-see-it-uk

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

Oh that was fun, Jan. I've never seen a meteor shower but it's on my bucket list:) Take special care.

Christine said...

Enjoyed these!

Jeanie said...

These ARE fun facts! A cuppa sounds good!

The Happy Whisk said...

Thank you! I would love to catch that October shower!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I liked this new Wednesday series. And I'll gladly share a cuppa with you, Jan.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

These are so much fun, Jan.