Do you know:
You need to keep tea in your life!
We Brits have always been proud of our ability to drink gallons of tea.
But now, it seems that a usurper is in the midst.
A new study has found that for every cup of tea we drink outside of our homes, we now guzzle two-and-a-half cups of coffee.
Figures released by 'The NPD Group' found that Britons drank just over two billion cups of coffee away from home between 2014-2015. This figure was up 4.3% from the year before.
Meanwhile we only drank 874 million cups of tea in the same period, a reduction of 1.8% from the year before.
Since 2010, our tea consumption has decreased by almost 19%.
It now accounts for just over one quarter of all hot beverages purchased outside of homes in Britain.
To help fight tea’s worthy cause, here are 12 great reasons to come back to the good side!
2. It wakes you up first thing in a lovely kind of way
Like a warm hug, but in a mug.
3. It makes you look really British
And maybe even a bit posh, like royalty.
4. It could help you live longer
A 2015 study found that women in their 70s and 80s lived longer if they had, on average, two cups of tea per day.
5. It’s served in way prettier cups than coffee
It’s Fine China, don’t you know.
6. It goes perfectly with biscuits (and cakes) ... especially the low carb versions
A match made in heaven.
7. It comes in a gazillion flavours
Peppermint, lemon, peach, berry, you name it. There’s even chocolate-flavoured tea!
These help to keep us young and protect us from damage caused by pollution
9. It has less caffeine than coffee so you can drink LOADS of it
Six cups is nothing. (see note below re caffeine)
10. It contains zero calories
Unless you have sugar.
11. It helps keep your teeth nice
A study from Newcastle University found that three cups of tea a day could provide kids with enough fluoride to prevent tooth decay.
12. It can boost your immune system
Tea contains flavonoids, which boost the immune system by stimulating the production of white blood cells."