90g ground almond
30g soya flour
5 big eggs
150g xylitol (powdered)
100g dark chocolate (Ewelina used Mernier dark chocolate)
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. bicarbonate soda
250g mascarpone cheese
200g whipping cream
4 tsp. instant coffee
3 tsp. powdered gelatine
4 tbsp. xylitol
250g whipping cream
1 tbsp. xylitol (or more if you wish)
1. Preheat oven to 170 C and line spring form tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and set aside to cool down a bit.
4. Separate egg yolks from whites. Add yolks to the chocolate mixture, one at the time mixing continuously.
5. Sift the ground almond, soy flour, baking powder and soda and add to the mixture.
6. Beat the egg whites and mix very gently with the chocolate mixture.
7. Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes. Check with a skewer if the cake is baked (the skewer should come out clean). Let it cool down and cut in half lengthwise.
1. Dissolve gelatine in ¼ cup of hot water. Let it cool down slightly.
2. Dissolve coffee in one tablespoon of hot water and mix with mascarpone cheese.
3. Whip the cream and add Splenda together with dissolved gelatine mixing continuously.
4. Add the cream mixture to the mascarpone cream.
Whip the cream and add Splenda.
Assembly of the cake:
Spread the coffee cream on a layer of the chocolate cake. Cover with the second layer. Spread the whipped cream on top and sprinkle with cocoa powder or coffee.
The whole cake has 114g carb divided into 14 slices it is 8.1g carb