A little later with the Dash completed and back home ...
3 Deep red peppers, halved & de-seeded.
1 White onion, unpeeled & halved.
4 Cloves of garlic, unpeeled.
2 Sticks of celery, sliced & chopped.
500g Plum tomatoes.
450ml Vegetable stock.
2tbsp Olive oil.
2tbsp Tomato puree.
1tbsp Sundried tomato paste.
1tsp Flaked chilli.
Salt & coarsely ground black pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 190/gas mark 4. Place the pepper & onion halves (cut side down) along with the plum tomatoes & garlic cloves into a baking tray & drizzle with the olive oil. Bake at the top of your oven for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted & tender.
2. Meanwhile melt down the butter in a large pan over a medium heat and sauté the chopped celery for 4-5 minutes. Not too hot, don't burn the butter.
3. Make up the vegetable stock adding the tomato puree, sun-dried tomato paste & the chilli flakes. Mix well and then add to the sautéed celery. Remove from the heat.
4. When the baked vegetables are ready remove the peel from the onion & garlic cloves roughly chop them & add them to the pan along with the plum tomatoes. Place back on to a low to medium heat & using a hand blender blend until the soup is smooth.
5. Season to taste & gently simmer until the soup is at a comfortable edible temperature. Do not allow the soup to boil.
I certainly hope you may enjoy this recipe idea. You will find many recipe suggestions are within this blog, but not all recipes will suit all. Any food allergies, or underlying health issues must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
The above recipe idea from here