Why not enjoy a low carb / keto broccoli and cauliflower 'macaroni' and cheese dish. This healthy low carb cauliflower broccoli 'macaroni 'and cheese dish can stand alone as a main dish, or be served along-side your favourite protein.
2 pints of heavy (double) whipping cream
½ stick of unsalted butter ¼ cup
8 ounces of cream cheese
2 cups of shredded /grated sharp (mature) cheddar cheese (reserve ½ cup for topping
5 ounces of fresh shredded / grated parmesan cheese (reserve 2 ounces for topping)
1 medium head of broccoli (florets about 2 cups)
1 medium head of cauliflower (florets about 3 cups)
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper or to taste
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or to taste
2. Steam cook the fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets being careful to not over-cook.
3. Melt the butter in a large heavy sauce pan.
4. Stir in the heavy (double) whipping cream
5. Add the cream cheese and stir until fully melted and incorporated
6. Add 3 ounces parmesan cheese (reserve 2 ounces for the topping.
7. Add 1 ½ cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve the other ½ cup for topping)
8. Stir in the salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
9. Allow to cook on low to medium heat until the cheese sauce if fully incorporated and all the cheeses are fully melted.
10. Add to the steamed broccoli and cauliflower add cheese sauce and cook for about 10 minutes on low, stirring constantly
11. In a large buttered casserole pan add the faux broccoli and cauliflower mac and cheese.
12. Top with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 2 ounces of fresh parmesan cheese.
13. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes covered with foil.
14. Broil (grill) for 5 minutes on high or until the top is nicely browned.
Servings Per Container 10
All the best Jan