Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 October 2022

Noodles and Silly Hats

Did you know that October 6th (tomorrow, as this post publishes) is known as Noodle Day as well as Mad Hatter Day.

NATIONAL NOODLE DAY

Noodles can be found all over the world in all shapes, sizes, and colours. They’re most often made from flour but can even be made from beans or vegetables like zucchini (courgettes) or carrots; there are oodles of noodles possibilities! Celebrate today by eating your favourite type of noodles!

This Veggie Packed - Minestrone Soup
uses zucchini (courgette) noodles
more details here



NATIONAL MAD HATTER DAY

National Mad Hatter Day was created in honour of the Mad Hatter from Lewis Carrol’s Alice in Wonderland. Today you are strongly encouraged to take a walk on the sillier side of life. Perhaps, you could host a dress-up tea party, and wear some silly hats.

image and more details here

You may like to take along this delicious
Victoria Sponge Cake
to the Mad Hatters tea party, it's low carb / keto
recipe details here



... and also, did you know that on 6th October in 2010, Instagram was officially launched? The social media application gained 25,000 users on its first day.

Dear reader, this blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

38 comments:

Lisabella Russo said...

It's wonderful what noodle options there are today! Thanks for so many wonderful recipes.

Tom said...

...being a bit silly can be good for you.

CherryPie said...

You silly noodle ;-)

The food looks delicious. Wouldn't it be lovely to have an outside tea party at the moment. weather permitting :-)

William Kendall said...

My favourite noodle dish would be fettuccine Alfredo.

Catarina said...

I'm sure I would like the soup and the cake.
Didn't know about Noodle Day.

Christine said...

These look good

Jeanie said...

I haven't had a Victoria sponge in ages and that looks so good! Happy Mad Hatter Day!

My name is Erika. said...

Tea in that garden would be amazing. And I just love a Victoria Sponge. Thanks for the low carb recipe.

Pam said...

Well, you learn new stuff all the time.

OLga said...

Buona idea!Buon giovedì.

Angie's Recipes said...

Happy Noodles Day :-))

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por las recetas. Se ven muy ricas. Te mando un beso.

Lorrie said...

Noodles are a weakness of mine, so I try not to eat them very often. Zucchini noodles are good, but just not quite the same!

Elephant's Child said...

I love the idea of a Mad Hatter's Day. I have yet to explore Instagram.

Margaret D said...

Noodle day - didn't know that.

eileeninmd said...

Mad Hatter Day sounds fun. The sponge cake looks yummy. Take care, enjoy your day!

Martha said...

You always share some great recipes!

Fun60 said...

Looking at some of the bizarre outfits people wear in London I'm not sure anyone would notice that I was wearing a silly hat. Happy Noodle day.

Iris Flavia said...

I need to make zoodles again :-)

Divers and Sundry said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the day. I'll be having spaghetti, I think :)

Bill said...

I love Minestrone Soup, it's one of my favorites.

Ananka said...

That soup sounds good. National Noodle Day - jeez oh what next lol ;-)

happyone said...

No, I've never heard of this special day. :)
Never hurts to be a bit silly!
Recipes sound delicious.

It's me said...

Mmmmm…..have a nice weekend love from me and Leaf 🍀🧡🌾🍄🌻🍂🍁🐾🍀

Shari Burke said...

Soup season is here! Yay! Looks yummy 😋

Angie said...

Well, Jan, I missed this most important day!!! What a fun idea to have a Mad Hatter tea party - I suppose there is always next year! We are heading to the UK in 10 days, and you can bet I will have some Victoria sponge while I am there!

Shiju Sugunan said...

The food look delish! Happy noodle day to you.
Thanks for the visit and comment in my blog.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Hummm delicioso.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

CJ Kennedy said...

I knew it was Mad Hatter's Day, but didn't know it was also Noodle Day.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Autumn is my favorite season for so many reasons, the colors and the foods. Soup is a particular favorite as there are endless varieties and so many healthful ones. Thanks for this one as I have a couple of zucchini to use this weekend and celery and carrots as well. However, I will confess to feel the need to bake homemade bread as an accompaniment.

Caroline said...

Delicious food. Nice garden. Have a nice weekend ! greetings Caroline

Mor Düşler Kitaplığı said...

Looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend :)

carol l mckenna said...

Both the soup and sponge cake sound delicious! Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Phil Slade said...

Sue says I don't need to wear a silly hat to take part. I'm not sure what she means? Have a good weekend Jan and Eddie.

baili said...

hat party sounds stylish :)

the soup looks DELICIOUS AND CAKE MUST BE REALLY TASTY :) THANKS FOR SHARING

Snowbird said...

I adore noodles, some gorgeous recipes here. Love the Mad Hatter tea party.xxx

DVArtist said...

Noodles and hats, I can go with that. Have a great day.

Conniecrafter said...

How fun to have that day, the sponge cake would be perfect to have with a celebration day