1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup granulated sweetener (Swerve/Monkfruit/Erythritol)
3 eggs room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp sugar-free strawberry jam
1/2 cup heavy (double) cream
2 tbsp granulated sweetener (Swerve/Monkfruit/Erythritol)
Optional: powdered sweetener (confectioners) for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. 180ºC. Gas Mark 4. Grease and line two 8” cake pans.
2. Using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sweetener together, until pale and slightly fluffy (about 1 minute).
3. Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the vanilla.
4. Mix the almond flour and baking powder together, then fold it into the wet ingredients.
5. Divide the mixture into the prepared cake tins.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cakes spring backs when touched. Check them at the 20-minute mark.
7. Allow them to cool in their tins for 10 minutes, before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. When it’s cooled down, beat the cream and sweetener together, until thick.
9. To assemble the cake, place one cake upside down and spread a layer of Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam onto it. Spread a layer of whipped cream on top. Then top with the second cake (top side up).