Total Pageviews

Friday 16 February 2024

Friday Food Choices : Reduced/Lower Carb Choices

As Friday comes around again, I'm sharing four meal suggestions.
Will you choose one of them?
Or perhaps you have something different in mind?
Please share your thoughts in the comments below 😊


How about a white fish omelette for lunch, tea or supper,
it's healthy, nutritious and great tasting ...
more details here


Perhaps you would prefer
Crispy Chicken with creamy mushrooms and braised leeks
rich, creamy, full of mushrooms and tastes great
more details here


Or how about
Cheezy Vegan Broccoli Soup
see what makes the cheezy flavour
more details here


to complete these Friday four choices, how about this
Spinach and ricotta lasagne with courgette/zucchini pasta
more details here


~ wishing you a happy day ~

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

30 comments:

Tom said...

...they all look creamy good.

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my gosh, The soup and lasagna sound divine.
Hope you had a great Valentine's Day.

Dee said...

I think the lasagna would be my choice.

Steve (DH) and I are going to play a game this next week. We are each choosing one of my cookbooks and we will make meals out of those two. The next week, two different cookbooks, and on and on and on. We are both tired of the same old, same old and tired of paying $$$$ for food at restaurants that just don't measure up to what I can make at home.

Mari said...

I think that would be a hard choice as they all look good. I think Bob would go for the fish and I would take the chicken.

Angie's Recipes said...

Chicken and omelette for me please :-)

Lorrie said...

The Broccoli soup sounds lovely, except I would make it with real cheese. And what a good-looking lasagna!

Margaret D said...

It all looks good.

Rustic Pumpkin said...

lasagne wins hands down every time! Fridays during Lent are meat free.

jabblog said...

They all look inviting, but the lasagne sounds so good.

roentare said...

So good with all the low carb recipe

Donna said...

The crispy chicken, of course! lol
I'm in need of locarb these days!
hugs
Donna

eileeninmd said...

It all looks yummy, I would love the lasagna.
Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

My name is Erika. said...

These all look yummy. I don't know which one I would pick. But since it's a cold day, perhaps the soup would work. Have a great start to your weekend.

mxtodis123 said...

All of them look so good. Unfortunately not a fish eater, but I do love my poultry. That's a recipe worth trying.

Caroline said...

I think I choose the last one. Happy weekend !

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy, I think I'll take the fish! Happy weekend, Valerie

Fun60 said...

I would like to order the chicken please.

CJ Kennedy said...

It's freezing cold out today. Soup would be a great choice.

Chatty Crone said...

Jan, those look so pretty - and my hubs would love them - I don't know why but I have such a hard time with fish!

R's Rue said...

All look good

Conniecrafter said...

I would probably go for the chicken, today we are having turkey cutlets with broccoli and cauliflower, maybe some cottage cheese on the side :)

DVArtist said...

I would love to make the white fish meals, but fish is so expensive here I just can't justify the price. And I live in the coast! The soup is what I WILL make though. Thanks for the great recipes. Have a very nice weekend.

Jeanie said...

That lasagna and soup are my two picks from this menu!

happyone said...

Yummy, boy don't they all look good!!!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

That lasagna is a winner!

Carola Bartz said...

The spinach lasagna looks delicious! But so does the white fish omelette. Can I choose both or do I have the choice of only one? You're making it hard!

baili said...

many tasty and good looking recipes dear Jan

liked the fish omelet most

many thanks for sharing
health ,peace and joy !

Giorgio said...

Great post about the importance of melatonin. And I would have never thought of eggs and cherries as source of melatonin.

Lowcarb team member said...

REPLY TO
Giorgio who said...
Great post about the importance of melatonin. And I would have never thought of eggs and cherries as source of melatonin

Hello Giorgio
Many thanks for your comment which I've copied and put in the comments section of the Melatonin post.

All the best Jan

Teresa said...

Todo me parece interesante. Besos.