Total Pageviews

Friday 23 February 2024

Fruits that are low carb

If you may be looking for ideas for low carb fruits, you will find this list of the top ten low carb fruits very helpful ...

Let’s say you occasionally want to eat a fruit (or some berries) while still staying relatively low carb. What fruit would be the best choice?

Below, you’ll find the best options, ranked by grams of net carbs.
The lowest-carbs options are at the top.


1. Raspberries – Half a cup (60 grams) contains 3 grams of carbs.

2. Blackberries – Half a cup (70 grams) contains 4 grams of carbs.

3. Strawberries – Eight medium-sized (100 grams) contains 6 grams of carbs.

4. Plum – One medium-sized (65 grams) contains 7 grams of carbs.

5. Clementine – One medium-sized (75 grams) contains 8 grams of carbs.

6. Kiwi – One medium-sized (70 grams) contains 8 grams of carbs.

7. Cherries – Half a cup (75 grams or about 12 cherries) contains 8 grams of carbs.

8. Blueberries – Half a cup (75 grams) contains 9 grams of carbs.

9. Cantaloupe (melon) – One cup (160 grams) contains 11 grams of carbs.

10. Peach – One medium-sized (150 grams) contains 13 grams of carbs.

These details and more can be seen on Diet Doctor site here


~ enjoy some crunchy berry mousse ~
more details here

This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Linda said...

I love fruit!
Practical Parsimony

Tom said...

...the berries are the ones!

My name is Erika. said...

I love fruit. This post makes me want a big bowl of fresh summer fruit like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.

DVArtist said...

Nothing like fresh fruit. Have a nice evening.

Christine said...

Good list to remember

Jeanie said...

I'm a fruit nut and I love them all!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Interesting list.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

I love all fruits. I would love to eat delicious plums and strawberries now. Unfortunately, they are difficult to obtain.
I send greetings.

Margaret D said...

Love the berries.

roentare said...

This is good for my calorie counting lol

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love every fruit you mentioned except kiwi, which I do not believe I've ever tasted. At least I know the carbs are low in all these.

Rustic Pumpkin said...

well it's a relief to see most of my favourites on the low carb list!

jabblog said...

I love fruit, particularly citrus fruit at this time of year.

eileeninmd said...

I love most fruit, the strawberries are favorites.
Take care, have a great weekend.

Jo said...

Plenty of options there to make a nice fruit cocktail.

MELODY JACOB said...

Thank you for sharing this helpful list of low-carb fruits! It's great to have options for those who are watching their carbohydrate intake but still want to enjoy some fruit. Raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries seem to be the top contenders for the lowest carb content per serving, making them excellent choices for those following a low-carb diet. It's also interesting to see the range of carb counts among different fruits, allowing for flexibility in meal planning. This list will definitely come in handy for anyone looking to incorporate fruit into their low-carb lifestyle!

READ MY NEW BLOG POST: Melody Jacob Blog

Valerie-Jael said...

Fruit is always good! Have a great weekend, Valerie

Chatty Crone said...

I love Kiwi's and they are so expensive and hard to ripen. Love all fruit really.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Great list - thanks. I was surprised that cherries were lower in carbs than blueberries...

Granny Marigold said...

I love all the different fruits you've listed!!

piccolina said...

Wow! The carbs list is so precised. Thank you!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I love fruit but try not to eat too much.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

The berry mousse sure looks good. Maybe I'll give it a go for our treat! Thank you.

Breathtaking said...

Hello :=)
This is a helpful reminder not to eat too many carbs in a day. Thank you!

happyone said...

There is such a great variety of fruits - something for everyone.

J.P. Alexander said...

Esas frutas son muy ricas y sanas. Te mandó un beso.

Conniecrafter said...

I am bummed that apples aren't on the list, but I do like most of them on this list

mxtodis123 said...

And I love every one of them.

Phil Slade said...

I hoped to see oranges on that list as I almost live on them. Lots on the list are quite expensive, almost prohibitively so, especially cherries. But useful advice as always.

Snowbird said...

A lot of these were news to me!xxx

Teresa said...

Tus reportajes siempre son interesantes. Besos.