Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 October 2013

Tom Hanks only yesterday I had lunch with him !

I don’t want to go on too much, but yesterday I had lunch at the Savoy with Tom Hanks. I’ve been helping Tom out for a while with his type two diabetes. Anyway, after a fantastic lowcarb lunch (smoked salmon with a memorable salad) and sitting in the garden, finishing off a magnificent bottle of 1998 Krug Clos d'Ambonnay Champagne, the mood changed, Tom suddenly looked a worried man. Chill out Tom I said, you have this diabetes butt whipped. It’s not the diabetes Eddie he said, I’m being stalked.

I thought about it then said, Jeez Tom a mega star like you must be stalked by wacko’s and nutters all the time, what’s the big deal. He looked me straight in the eye, and with a face like a Japanese death mask, he croaked, not by Carbsane I don’t.

Christ did that put a zap on a good lunch. He could tell by my face, I had grasped the seriousness of the situation. How much trouble am I in he asked, well Tom I said, let’s put it this way, Carbsane makes Max Kady look like Mary Poppins by comparison. What’s the bottom line he asked what should I do ? Retire Tom I replied and double your security, and while you're at it, beef up your PR guru’s. Stand by to be stalked 24 seven and every film you ever made will be shredded and rubbished. Is the situation that bad Eddie he asked, I said Tom, when you get back in the US check out my friend Jimmy Moore, he’ll put you straight. And Tom, find a good shrink, the last thing you want is Evelyn Kocur inside your head.



Click on screen shot to enlarge the latest from the bloated blogger.


Please note. Any resemblance to any person or persons whether living or dead featured in this post is purely coincidental.

Eddie

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really funny that she's recommending something as strict as the Newcastle Diet - the woman can't even stick to a normal low carb diet, so no way would she ever be able to do it herself.

Can't help but wonder what part Tom's weight losses/gains for film roles played in the development of his Type 2.

Poor Tom - fancy being in the bloated blogger's crosshairs - daunting stuff indeed!

Anonymous said...

The cheek of that woman!

Mind you they are large butt cheeks!

Sure Tom and his medics will bring his diabetes under control

Dusty

Lowcarb team member said...

Evie has demonstrated beautifully the totally delusional world she lives in. Morbidly obese for years, and thinks anyone other than her small band of kneecap suckers takes her seriously.

Tom can afford the best medical care very serious money can buy, and is clearly a very intelligent man. Does the bloated blogger think Tom would touch her or her blog with a ten foot pole.

Eddie

tess said...

HIM pay attention to HER? HAhahahahaa....

Lowcarb team member said...

Did you give him your details and a link to this blog Eddie?

I should think he's had enough of extreme diets.I agree with Jill, and he thinks himself that they played a part in the progression of his diabetes.

As he was known to have been running higher than normal bgs for about twenty years I wonder how successful the Newcastle diet would be? Must go and read up on it again.

Kath

Galina L. said...

It doesn't look like that Tom has a good team of doctors - they didn't perform well during his 20 years of compromised BS levels.
Unfortunately, with so many wrong sources of advise around, the only hope one has is looking for himself/herself what is working with minimal amount of medication.

Galina L. said...

I guess almost everybody (except,probably, the most desperate bed-ridden morbidly obese diabetics who would be willing to try even a stomach-amputation surgery) will back of after learning about the Newcastle Diet from the web-site http://www.diabetes.org.uk/DiRECT is a crash "low-calorie liquid diet" after which "normal food" is re-introduced. Aren't we all learned the hard way that diets work until followed and the quality of life matters a lot?

Lowcarb team member said...

The Newcastle diet has been successful in diabetes Galina. I don't think it was ever intended as a lifestyle choice.

Kath

Unknown said...

I bet stalking is a huge issue for every celebrity...

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, Eddie should be ashamed of himself.!

Er just going away for a few days boss!

Kath

Galina L. said...

Kath,
Starvation diets(severe fasting and undernutrition) were used to control diabetes in a pre-insulin era, so I don't doubt it could be successful in a treatment of diabetes now. I doubt it is a reasonable and practical long-term life-style choice.

Lowcarb team member said...

The diabetics in the pre-insulin era didn't last very long .

The Newcastle diet was always intended as a short term measure
to reverse the symptoms.

I think the term 'diet' is often a bit misleading.

Kath