750 g silverside beef joint
2 tbsp olive oil
2 stick celery, chopped into large chunks
3 carrots, chopped into large chunks
2 onions, peeled and quartered
3 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
300 ml red wine
250 ml beef stock
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Season the silverside of beef joint well.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan then add the joint and brown it on all sides. Put it in a casserole dish (making sure it’s large enough to fit the joint and all the vegetables).
3. Add another tablespoon of oil to the frying pan then brown all the chopped vegetables. Arrange them around the joint in the casserole pot.
4. Add the crushed garlic cloves, red wine, Beef Stock, bay leaves and dried oregano to the casserole and bring to the boil.
5. Cover the casserole with a lid and cook in the preheated oven for 2 hours, turning the meat over halfway.
6. Remove the bay leaves and serve the joint sliced with the vegetables.