2 Tbs. butter
80 g baby spinach
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
250 g haddock/smoked hake portions (bones and skin removed)
100 g mini asparagus spears (or fine green beans or tender-stem broccoli) – blanched for 2 minutes
4 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
1/2 cup (heavy) double thick cream
zest of 1 lemon
freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
4 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In an oven proof pot (16 cm), heat the butter and add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove pot from heat. Sprinkle the spinach with half of the cheese.
3. Cut the raw haddock into bite size pieces and place on top of the spinach in a single layer.
4. Arrange the blanched asparagus between the fish and sprinkle with spring onions.
5. Whisk the cream, zest and seasoning together and pour over the fish and veg.
9. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until golden and the eggs are just set.
All the best Jan