Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 October 2023

Sausages, a few recipe suggestions

image from google

There are so many different types and flavours of sausages aren't there, and they can be a useful staple. They are usually made from pork mince (but lamb, beef and chicken are available, as well as soy and plant-based options), salt is added for flavour and to help preserve the meat. Seasonings, spices and herbs are added to give the sausages extra flavour. Small pieces of cooked apple, caramelised onions or other ingredients that pair well with pork can also be added to create interesting varieties. I quite often get mine from a local farm shop (yum) but our local supermarket does have a very good variety too, and I always look for the ones that are 90% plus meat... of course for vegetarians you will be looking for other ranges ...

I thought I would share a few sausage recipe suggestions you may like to try.

Sausage, chicken and squash traybake
this traybake goes well with greens such as savoy cabbage
more details here


Sausage and red pepper hotpot
this all-in-one-pan dish is simple yet full of flavour,
serve with a green vegetable for a complete and colourful meal
more details here


Sausage and bacon rustic hotpot
comforting bean and sausage hotpot
which some may serve with melting cheese toasts
more details here


Have you tried
Sausage with Cauliflower and Parsley Rice, more details here
Sausage, bacon and onion bake with sautéed spinach recipe, more details here


You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. It is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

28 comments:

Pom Pom said...

We don't eat as many sausages here in the USA, but I wish we did! Thank you for the nice recipes!

Elephant's Child said...

While I still ate meat I never warmed to sausages (which are often known as surprise bags here). Himself enjoys them though, and there is certainly a wide range now.

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Thank goodness there are some good vegetarian sausages available or I wouldn't cope. Some delicious recipes, but you can't beat the comfort of bangers, mash, and onion gravy.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

My grandmother made spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage and meatballs that was so good. The cooler weather is perfect for any of these delicious recipes you've shared! I love sausage with eggs, too. Hope you have a wonderful week! x K

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As a vegetarian, I was surprised when I thought these all looked good!

Margaret D said...

They look good, always so many different ways to have and cook sausages.

Donna said...

These All look good!!
hugs
Donna

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Very good recipes... Happy week

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
They all look delicious, great recipes.
Take care, have a great day!

DeniseinVA said...

I know a place where I get bangers and these look delicious recipes. Thanks Jan, all the best and Happy October!

Valerie-Jael said...

I love sausages in all forms, yummy! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...they all look great.

CJ Kennedy said...

Himself and I love sausages.

DVArtist said...

Great recipes. Have one printed out already. Thank you and have a lovely day.

Snowbird said...

Great meals, I could give those a go with vegan sausages and bacon.xxx

Christine said...

Lovely seasonal dishes!

Bill said...

I love sausages and this looks fantastic.

Carla from The River said...

Hi, I like the sound of the sausage, chicken, squash tray bake. YUM!

Vagabonde said...

I’m going to copy some of your recipes. I really like sausages, especially in Louisiana gumbo. Another one I used to enjoy so much when I went to school in London is the sausage served in the UK for breakfast, banger I think they call them. I just can’t find them around here. I found some imported from Ireland, but they did not taste the same.

happyone said...

I cook hot Italian sausages in the crock pot with pasta sauce.
Then saute peppers and onions.
Tastes delicious together on a sub roll.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks for sharing. Have a great one.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Thank you for sharing these yummy sounding recipes! They sound great.

Jeanie said...

I love sausage and new recipe recommendations are always welcome! Thank you!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Oh what fantastic dishes. The sight of them makes me salivate.
Hugs and greetings.

Conniecrafter said...

I am so bummed I don't know if it is me getting older and things are changing or what but I have had some sausages not agree with me anymore, so sad, finding a few that aren't so bad on me.

Teresa said...

Las recetas se ven interesantes. Gracias y besos.

William Kendall said...

Some good ideas!