Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 January 2024

Baked Mascarpone and Blueberry Low-Carb Dessert

From an idea by Pascale Naessens, this sugar-free yet deliciously decadent low-carb dessert has only three ingredients, so simple and easy!


Ingredients
Serves Two
9g carbs per serving
2 egg yolks
200 g (200 ml) mascarpone cheese
100 g (160 ml) fresh blueberries (strawberries, or raspberries could be used).
Instructions
can be seen here


Mascarpone originated in the Lombardy region of Northern Italy during the Renaissance. It is ivory-coloured, exceptionally smooth, and an easily spreadable fresh cream cheese. The flavour is milky and slightly sweet. The rich, buttery texture comes from the high butterfat content. Mascarpone generally comes in tubs, and it should remain refrigerated. Check the "use by" date on the package for storage time, but it's generally a week.
You can read more about this cheese here

This blog offers a wide variety of recipes/food ideas, and not all may be suitable for you. If you have any food likes / dislikes, allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

Just a reminder!
It seems many of us are still experiencing problems with blogger, especially with comments going into the spam folder. Do please check your spam folder daily.


All the best Jan

27 comments:

Tom said...

...this is new for me!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

What a yummy treat! Our family would enjoy it I'm sure. Thank you.

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve tanrico. Tomó nota Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

aussie aNNie said...

this is looking a real treat.. xx

Mari said...

I've never used mascarpone cheese but I've heard it's good. This looks like a great treat.
I'm having a lot of trouble with comments going to my spam.

Margaret D said...

Looks nice Jan.

Catarina said...

I just need mascarpone cheese.
It looks really good!!

Angie's Recipes said...

They look terrific!

Christine said...

Delicious!

Elephant's Child said...

Simple and no doubt delicious.

jabblog said...

It sounds very rich - nice for an occasional treat.

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a delicious treat!
Thanks for sharing.
Take care, have a great week!

linda said...

It looks yummy, I'll have to try this.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Mascarpone is very nice. Reminds me of curd cheese. Can't find it in supermarkets any more. Only cottage cheese.

God bless.

Inger said...

It looks delicious, but I've never heard of the cheese and doubt I could find it here in our small town. I will check for a similar cheese.

R's Rue said...

Wow

Mrs.B said...

These look lovely, I've copied the recipe so will definitely give them a try, Thanks
Avril xx

carol l mckenna said...

Oh sounds and looks delicious ~ love blueberries
~ thanks,


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde de domingo e bom início de semana. Parabéns pela receita, parece delicioso.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Looks good
Cheesy dishes in winter are a delight.

happyone said...

Sure looks good. I too still get comments in the spam folder that have already been published.

Creations By Cindy said...

My husband might would like this dish. Just give me blueberries out of the freezer to snack on and I am happy! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Divers and Sundry said...

I love blueberries but have never had that kind of cheese. Thanks for the intro.

Conniecrafter said...

Never have heard of that, looks interesting

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I wish I could make this today. Looks so good.

Snowbird said...

That looks absolutely amazing!xxx

Teresa said...

Seguro que está riquísimo. Besitos.