Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 March 2024

Mothers Day, or Mothering Sunday, (UK) 2024

Here in the UK, 10th of March is Mothers Day, or Mothering Sunday, (2024), and hopefully your card(s) will have been received and displayed, you may receive presents too, however you celebrate, have a Happy Mothers Day.


For those of you who may be interested here are two 'Mothers Day Trivia' facts, plus two from the 'Animal Kingdom'

Mothers Day Trivia: Shortest Interval Between Two Children
Jayne Bleackley is the mother who holds the record for the shortest interval between two children born in separate confinements. She gave birth to Joseph Robert on September 3, 1999, and Annie Jessica Joyce on March 30, 2000. The babies were born 208 days apart.

Mothers Day Trivia: Longest Interval Between Two Children
Elizabeth Ann Buttle is the mother who holds the record for the longest interval between the birth of two children. She gave birth to Belinda on May 19,1956 and Joseph on November 20, 1997. The babies were born 41 years 185 days apart. The mother was 60 years old when her son Joseph was born.

Mothers Day Trivia: From the Animal Kingdom
A mother giraffe often gives birth while standing, so the new-born's first experience outside the womb is a 1.8-meter (6-foot) drop.

Kittens are born both blind and deaf, but the vibration of their mother's purring is a physical signal that the kittens can feel - it acts like a homing device, signalling them to nurse.


If you should be celebrating Mother's Day, have an especially nice day.
~ I will be very fortunate, as we will spend time with family ~

Forever in my heart
Forever in my thoughts
Forever in my life
My mum is always with me
Thank you Mum
I'll always love you

All the best Jan

34 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I love reading this trivia.

dellgirl said...

I like this post, it’s very interesting and informative. Your blog is always a great read. Thank you for sharing this “good-to-know” information. Wishing you a wonderful “rest of the Weekend”!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Did you know that Mothering Sunday has it's roots in the Anglican church? Linked to Easter it was the day when everyone was expected to return home to their Mother Church, hence Mothering Sunday. It is only since the invention of {International} Mother's Day in May that the shift towards it becoming Mother's Day a celebration of mothers began.

Linda said...

I had a neighbor who gave birth to children exactly nine months apart. I was horrified. She was one who used and iud.

Tom said...

...now I remember that your Mother's Day is earlier than ours. Happy Mother's day!

Mari said...

Oh my word - I can't imagine having kids 40 years apart, and having one at 60!
Interesting info today. :)
Happy Mothers Day!

Christine said...

Happy Mother's Day Jan! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Margaret D said...

Happy Mother's Day Jan..hope you are having a wonderful day.
Love the trivia.

Fun60 said...

Fascinating facts. Without realising I have booked a city break and am leaving for Oslo today so prob be the first year I haven't been with at least one of my children on mother's day. I packed the cards though.

roentare said...

Gorgeous roses and the colours!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

I welcome you very warmly on Sunday morning.

Beautiful post and wonderful flowers.
Happy Mother's Day.
In my country, Mother's Day is celebrated on May 26.
Hugs and greetings.

jabblog said...

Interesting facts, especially the shortest interval between confinements.

eileeninmd said...

Interesting post and information!
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy Mothering Sunday to you Jan. I can't image having a child at 60 and already having a 41 year old child (well now an adult.)

linda said...

Happy Mothers Day to you!

Donna said...

Happy Mother's Day!
hugs
Donna

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!
Gosh 47 years apart - that is incredible!

Orlando said...

Have a nice
day

DMS said...

Happy Mother's Day! Such fascinating facts. Thanks for sharing. :)
~Jess

Creative Publish said...

Interesting facts ,thanks for sharing.

DVArtist said...

Happy Mother's day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hope you are having a lovely Mother's/Mothering Day, Jan. I enjoyed the trivia, especially about the giraffe.

John's Island said...

Hi Jan, Wishing you a happy and wonderful Mother’s Day. And happy wishes to Eddie too. 😊 John

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Hugs, Valerie

Jenn Jilks said...

I hope your Sunday is fine!

Mor Düşler Kitaplığı said...

Interesting information. Thanks for sharing with us. Happy mothers day. :)

happyone said...

Wow 40 years!!!
Happy Mothering Day to you Jan.

J.P. Alexander said...

Espero que hayas tenido un genial día. En mi pais se celebra en mayo pero yo creo que todos los días deben ser de la madre y todos lo días le debemos dar el amor y el reconocimiento que se merece.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Glad you had a lovely day yesterday for Mothering Sunday x

Conniecrafter said...

so hope you enjoyed a lovely Day Jan!
I can not even imagine having a baby right now at my age, wonder how she managed it at 60.
I think it would be something to have kids that close together also.

Jeanie said...

I missed it but all good belated wishes! Ours is in mid-May!

baili said...

awe !!!!!!!!
what a lovely and sweet post dear friend :)

big thanks for sharing such incredible facts would have remained unknown otherwise
the longest interval is striking and unbelievable oh my goodness !

Happy mothers day to you too dear Jan!
my eldest son wishes on mothers day and it makes my day always :)

Linda said...

Nice Post. I can’t imagine having a baby at age 60.

Teresa said...

Espero que lo hayas pasado bien. En España es el primer domingo de mayo. Muy interesante lo que nos cuentas. Besos.