Total Pageviews

Monday 29 July 2024

Didn't the weekend fly by!

Well, can you believe that the weekend just gone was the last one in July! I really don't know where this year is going to. The grandchildren have already had a week of their summer break from school and as usual been enjoying a variety of activities which although we don't always share in person we get to hear about it ... which is lovely 😊 

It's so often a time for summer BBQ's, our UK weather permitting, and you just can't beat the wonderful aroma of a BBQ can you, interspersed with calls of the burgers are nearly ready make sure the salad is on the table ... goodness I'm getting hungry just writing about it 😉

If you should be looking for low carb/keto burger recipes you'll find a variety on this link here

But now back to today! It's Monday, which starts with a 'M' so let's keep the 'M' theme going and enjoy a Moussaka for dinner, with a nice green salad as a side dish ... sounds good. You can see the recipe instructions here


As regular readers know, this blog is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, music and recipes!

However, not all the recipes ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic (more about this here) and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

28 comments:

J.P. Alexander said...

Se ve muy rico. Te mando un beso.

Tom said...

...they say that time flies when we are having fun, we must be having a blast!

Mari said...

Happy Monday! I've never had moussaka, but maybe I need to step out of my comfort zone and try something new!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually had bbq today. Nothing beats it. and I agree that time has flown this weekend.

Lady Caer Morganna said...

ALWAYS!!

Catarina said...

I love, love moussaka. Don't know how to make it.

Margaret D said...

Time is flying by as you say Jan. Won't be long and out winter should be gone and spring will be here - have daffodils blooming in the garden :)

Rustic Pumpkin said...

never mind the weekend, where has 2024 gone? It's August later this week!!! Horrendous!
I used to love Moussaka when I ate meat. looks delicious

jabblog said...

Ooh, I haven't had moussaka for years - sounds good :-)

Elephant's Child said...

Yes the weekend (like the year) rocketed past. Sigh.

roentare said...

That looks tempting on a winter night

MaryFran said...

I'm with you, the weekend went by too fast and this year is going by at light speed also! Dinner looks good!

Ananka said...

Yes it is scary. Nearly August. I think this year has been really quick!

eileeninmd said...

The whole month of July has flown by! The moussaka looks delicious. I will bookmark this recipe. Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Mousakka and a nice salad sounds perfect. Enjoy your week.

R's Rue said...

Looks delicious.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Bill said...

Time must be traveling at the speed of light, it goes by so fast that I don't know what day it is. :)

CJ Kennedy said...

This Summer is just flying by. I love moussaka

Christine said...

Burgers are a favourite for my hubby and son

Katerinas Blog said...

Really, I didn't realize how July passed!!

HappyK said...

It sure did fly by fast, but then again every week flies by!!!

My name is Erika. said...

Summer has flown by, as has JUly. I had a lovely weekend too. We had gorgeous weather. and now we'ree back into some rain.

Rose said...

it looks delicious! I love burgers off the grill...probably one of my most favorite meals.

Teresa said...

Sí, el tiempo pasa volando. Besos.

Felicity said...

looks tasty :)

Conniecrafter said...

It has been so hot lately that we haven't wanted to go out and cook in it, we probably wouldn't have to even light the grill.

Divers and Sundry said...

That looks delicious! I'm going to check out that recipe.

brad said...

looks great going to try it