Do you like blueberries? I often enjoy them simply served with double (heavy) cream... and I may add a few strawberries to the mix too!
Of course there are many low carb recipes that make good use of blueberries:
Here are five:-
Blueberry and Cinnamon Omelette, more details here
Blueberry Courgette (Zucchini) Cake with Lemon Frosting, more details here
Cheesecake with Blueberries, more details here
Blueberry Chaffles, more details here
Blueberry Coconut Cake, more details here
Some Tips for Preparing Blueberries
Fresh berries are very fragile and should be washed briefly and carefully and then gently patted dry if they are not organic. Wash berries just prior to use to not prematurely remove the protective bloom that resides on the skin's surface. If you know the source of either wild or organic berries try not to wash them at all.
When using frozen berries in recipes that do not require cooking, thaw well and drain prior to using.
Blueberries retain their maximum amount of nutrients and their maximum taste when they are enjoyed fresh and not prepared in a cooked recipe.
Read more about blueberries here
Blueberry Coconut Cake, more details here
Some Tips for Preparing Blueberries
Fresh berries are very fragile and should be washed briefly and carefully and then gently patted dry if they are not organic. Wash berries just prior to use to not prematurely remove the protective bloom that resides on the skin's surface. If you know the source of either wild or organic berries try not to wash them at all.
When using frozen berries in recipes that do not require cooking, thaw well and drain prior to using.
Blueberries retain their maximum amount of nutrients and their maximum taste when they are enjoyed fresh and not prepared in a cooked recipe.
Read more about blueberries here
thank you for visiting this blog
~ enjoy your day ~
All the best Jan


35 comments:
Amo los arĂ¡ndanos. Te deseo una buena semana. Te mando un beso.
I get blueberries from the farmers market and I usually use them to bake little oat cakes that I freeze and serve as a great snack.
Blueberries are not for me, they sting my mouth. I'll stick with all other berries.
I am enjoying these blue presents from Summer.
I do love blueberries, dear Jan. Thanks so much for this reminder!!!
My husband enjoys them!
This area of B.C. is a major supplier of blueberries for the rest of Canada. We love those berries and use them in different recipes. Thank you for the additional recipes that you posted.
Blueberries are good for you, and I rather like them but these days they don't have the same taste as they did long ago. Sign of the times, Jan.
Oh? I just throw them into my Greek yoghurt! Never felt sick! Why wash them then? Maybe they´re pre-washed here?
I noticed the blueberries in the garden are just beginning to colour. It's certainly not going to be a bumper crop. Never mind, we buy blueberries every week. A handful in passing, or mixed with yoghourt on cereal - I love them.
We almost always eat frozen blueberries and I keep bags in the freezer. Just had some this morning with walnuts in yogurt. Yum! They're also really good when still partially frozen--I tend to pick them out of the container with my fingers, one by one. So refreshing, especially in the heat!
I LOVE blueberries. So glad they are in season. I picked some up last week and they were even on sale!
Blueberries are delicious! I will be eating some today. :-)
Just bought some.
God bless.
...blueberries are a summer time treat!
I sometimes enjoy having blueberries at breakfast. They're the highest antioxidant-rich fruits.
We always have blueberries in the house as Jack loves them, they're the perfect size for little fingers. We used to go bilberry picking when my kids were young, we'd all come home with stained red hands.
They are my eldests favorite berry.
I sure do like blueberries. Put them on cereal and like blueberry muffins and anything really with blueberries in it.
I love blueberries, especially in my yogurt.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Hi Jan, I love blackberries and raspberries, but I've never warmed up to blueberries, which is too bad. I know they are extremely healthy for you.
Have a grand one.
I love blueberries! I didn't realize that this was their month!
I love blueberries
For us we've just gotten over the strawberries and hope soon for raspberries!
I prefer them in baked goods
Nos encantan Jan. Cuando no los vemos frescso los compramos congelados.
Buena semana.
Un abrazo.
I love blueberries! I have even enjoyed some home grown ones, this last week. X
Yes, blueberries are out go to fruit and we pick out own organic each year.
I love blueberries. I'l blueberries to just about anything.
Yes I do like blueberries, strawberries are my favorite but I do like the blueberries too!
i love blueberries, but i only really think of them in a desert. an omelet sounds a little "weird" to me, i'm sure it is just me!!
Blueberries are a favorite of mine. Unfortunately right now, they are one of the biggest "carriers' of cyclosporing and we're in a bit of an epidemic of it right now. I hate that!
REPLY TO
Jeanie who said ...
Blueberries are a favorite of mine. Unfortunately right now, they are one of the biggest "carriers' of cyclosporing and we're in a bit of an epidemic of it right now. I hate that!
Jeanie, many thanks for your comment.
Yes, I have just been reading about this.
However, I do think it's blackberries, and not blueberries, that are causing more concern (or they are from what I have been reading). Blueberries are considered low-risk for cyclosporiasis compared to other fresh produce, as they are easier to wash and as I understand have not been linked to outbreaks.
Cyclosporiasis, is a nasty intestinal illness caused by a tiny parasite that historically lurks in fresh produce, including raspberries, blackberries, lettuce, bagged salads, snap peas, basil, cilantro and more. Michigan health officials suspect "lettuce or salad greens" as the possible culprit, but investigators are still trying to identify the source, leaving many folks still extremely concerned.
It seems to be a fast moving situation as health officials search for the food culprit.
Take care and do your best to eat wisely.
All the best Jan
TambiĂ©n me encantan los arĂ¡ndanos, no los he comido, pero estoy a tiempo todavĂa. Besos.
I do love blueberries and have been eating them during July although I didn't know it was their special month.
Post a Comment