Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Blueberry Coconut Cake : Low Carb / Keto


This low carb / keto blueberry coconut cake can be made in a cake pan, cast iron skillet-pan or as muffins, (which makes it easy to customize). It’s grain-free, nut-free, sugar-free, and did I mention low carb / keto! What’s more, it's light, airy, and moist. The blueberries and coconut flour pair perfectly in this recipe suggestion. 

Ingredients
Yield 12
Carbs per serving 4.9g
1 cup of coconut flour
1/2 cup sugar substitute e.g. Swerve
1 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons of melted butter
3 eggs
1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup of toasted sugar-free coconut flakes
1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of sea salt

Instructions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Toast the sugar-free coconut flakes for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. (set aside)
3. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
4. Combine the sugar substitute, melted butter and the eggs.
5. Add the sour cream and combine well.
6. Next add all the dry ingredients, including the ¾ cup of the toasted coconut.
7. Stir until fully combined.
8. Lastly, stir in the blueberries
9. Pour batter (note that it will be thick) into fully greased 9-inch round cake pan or cast-iron skillet.
10. Top with the ¼ cup of toasted coconut you reserved.
11. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.


Original recipe idea and more can be seen here
For help with weight / measurement / oven temperature conversion please see here

Coconut flour is a wonderful low-carb, keto, gluten-free flour. It is light, packed with fibre, easy to use, requires very little quantities and so ends up being a very affordable baking grain-free flour. if you would like to know more about cooking with low carb (alternative) flours please see here

This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

 All the best Jan

35 comments:

Marco Luijken said...

That's looking so well. Very tasty!!
Hmmm...!!

Greetings, Marco

Tom said...

...looks might good!

mxtodis123 said...

Looks delicious. Great combo.

CJ Kennedy said...

I love coconut 🥥 but Himself does not. Maybe I’ll just have to bake a batch of muffins for myself.

Christine said...

Yummy!

DIMI said...

Hello Jan!
The blueberry cake looks delicious! I love blueberries!
Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Have a nice day and a lovely week ahead!
Dimi...

eileeninmd said...

Hello, this looks delicious and so tempting. I am trying out a gluten free diet so no treats for me. I am still trying to find foods I can eat now. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

Miss Val's Creations said...

They look yummy! Gluten free is always a great bonus with my tummy.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

This looks so delicious!! Someone had dropped their fresh blueberries on the ground outside tescos, what a waste but I'm sure the birds will enjoy them. Have a good week :)

Out on the prairie said...

Nice flavors, I was thinking macaroons all week, sometimes I put dates in them, maybe a few blueberries

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

An interesting recipe. I could make my own version of the materials I can use ;-)

Mary Kirkland said...

That looks so good.

sandy said...

It looks good! My favorite all time ...cake but especially pie is Coconut Creme pie. Blueberry's would go good with coconut.

Carla from The River said...

I am pinning! I enjoy coconut.

sage said...

That looks good and blueberries will be in season in about... 3 months :)

Elephant's Child said...

That does look good. And versatile.

Stephanie said...

Mmmm... doesn't this look and sound tasty! I love coconut, but I don't bake with it often. Thanks for the recipe. Hugs!

Snowbird said...

That does look gorgeous.xxx

The Happy Whisk said...

Hey, fun. I love blueberries in bakes. Especially those teeny tiny mountain blueberries. So perfect for bakes like this.

William Kendall said...

I'd go for that.

Lorrie said...

This looks delicious!

Martha said...

What a lovely treat. I really love blueberries!

Sami said...

Looks delicious Jan, I love coconut, so another recipe saved :)

Bob Bushell said...

Lovely cake, lots of blueberries.

Crafty Green Poet said...

that looks delicious

Debbie said...

this looks delicious!! i like coconut and don't bake with it often enough!!!

carol l mckenna said...

Sounds and looks delicious! Love blueberries and coconut ~ ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Yes, I have a slice, it looks so goooood.

happyone said...

I could go for some of that about now. Sure looks good.

Nicole/DVAtist/Beadwright said...

This really does look great

Laurel Wood said...

Looks so delicious. Have a nice weekend.

Magic Love Crow said...

My mouth is watering!! This looks so good! Thank you! Big Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

mmmm, this sounds really good, may have to try this soon

Practical Parsimony said...

That cake looks soooo moist!

Felicity said...

should be very tasty