50 g desiccated coconut, ground in a coffee grinder
85g butter, softened
Equivalent of 250g sugar (e.g. 250g Xylitol, ground using coffee grinder)
5 eggs, separated
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of cream of tartar
Juice from 1 lime
3. In a separate bowl, using electric mixer, beat eggs yolks with butter until yellow and fluffy. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, sweetener and mix all together well.
4. In a large bowl whip egg whites with cream of tartar (with electric mixer it takes only few minutes).
5. Add 1/3 of whipped egg whites to the eggy mixture and using spatula fold it in as gently and slow as possible. Fold the whole mixture into remaining egg whites and again, fold it in as gently as possible.
6. Add half of mixed flours and fold it in gently. Add remaining flour and repeat folding in.
7. Pour the batter into a cake tin and bake for about 50 - 60 min. Check with a skewer if the cake is baked (the skewer should come out clean). Let it cool and decorate with xylitol (powdered).
All the best Jan