Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 September 2011

Make your own lowcarb bread.

I made the bread today and it tastes great. The ingredients listed below made a finished bap around an inch thick and five inches diameter. Really tasty, cut very well and a lovely texture.

Ingredients.

Ground flax seed 40 grams.
Ground almond meal 40 grams.
Baking powder one teaspoon.
A pinch of salt.
One medium sized egg.
One tablespoon of olive oil.
One tablespoon of double cream.


Mix the ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl starting with the dry ingredients, and pour into a micro wave proof dish.
 
In my micro-wave 700 watt, I cooked for 120 seconds. This is a very filling bread and should keep you going for hours.



Eddie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just love this recipe so quick and easy to do, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Appreciated this recipe very much, I agree it was so quick and easy to do, my attempt at it turned out great, will be making more to enjoy.

Anonymous said...

This is a great recipe - you can also use ground golden linseed instead of the flax seed which gives it a lighter colour and texture.

Until I started trying these types of bread recipes I thought the days of bacon sandwiches were well and truly over.

Also makes very good toast if you shape it to sliced bread type dimensions.

Best

Dillinger

Anonymous said...

Made some bread this afternoon and enjoyed a tasty cheese salad sandwich. I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was to do.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were kidding. It wasn't until I tried this that I realised it is so quick and easy to do, tastes just great.

Thank you

Anne

jacqui boyd alden said...

looks interesting. How many carbs does it have?

Lowcarb team member said...

Flax seeds have around 30 grams of carb per 100 grams, but almost all is held in the fibre which is 27 grams per hundred. We cannot digest the fibre so I estimate the carbs per slice is only around 1 gram.

Most find this bread does no affect blood glucose numbers.

Eddie

Unknown said...

I dont have a microwave do u think i make this oven?

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Jacqueline.

I doubt it would work using an oven, give it try you may find it doesn't rise though.

Regards
Graham