In December 2012 the British Medical Journal published a study regarding weight loss and low fat diets. It is a very detailed study and concluded the average weight loss amounted to 1.6kg. Hardly significant when you look at the growing obesity epidemics in many countries across the world. William T Neville, General Practitioner commented on the study and we publish his letter in full below. Normally we publish a short extract of other peoples work and give a link to the full or main article. For us lowcarb diabetics this letter illustrates concisely and exactly what we believe, and have proved to be successful for controlling our weight and type two diabetes beyond all reasonable doubt over almost five years.
10 December 2012
3. http://vimeo.com/channels/418298/54861706, Talk by Gary Taubes
4. Big Fat Lies, is your government making you fat? By Hannah Sutter,http://www.bigfatlies.co.uk5. The Obesity Epidemic, What caused it? How can we stop it? by Zoe Harcombe
6. The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by Jeff S Volek PhD RD and Stephen D Phinney MD PhD
7. The A to Z Weight Loss Study: A Randomized Clinical Trial, JAMA. 2007;297:969-977
8. Wheat Belly by William Davis MD
9. http://uctv.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=16717, Sugar: the Bitter Truth
10. The Great Cholesterol Con by Malcolm Kendrick
11. Fat and Cholesterol are Good for You by Uffe Ravnskov
12. Ignore the Awkward, how cholesterol myths are kept alive by Uffe Ravnskov
13. The Great Cholesterol Myth by Jonny Bowden
14. Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease, Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Mar;91(3):535-46. Epub 2010 Jan 13.
15. http://www.drbriffa.com/2012/10/02/the-french-paradox-is-not-a-paradox, online study by Dr John Briffa
16. Is the use of cholesterol in mortality risk algorithms in clinical guidelines valid? Ten years prospective data from the Norwegian HUNT 2 study, Journal of Evaluation in Clinical PracticeVolume 18, Issue 1, Article first published online: 25 SEP 2011,http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2753.2011.01767.x/pdf17. Corn Oil in Treatment of Ischaemic Heart Disease, Rose et al, Brit. med. J., 1965, 1, 1531-1533
18. http://vimeo.com/29464690, LCHF diet