Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 March 2015

Can you Believe it - March Already.

I'm always pleased when the 1st of March is here .... it's a good thing to think Spring is just around the corner. The daffodils are springing up well and will soon be showing their lovely summery heads.
In case you can't wait here are some for you....... and by the way Happy St Davids Day too.  

narcissus daffodil flower

I also couldn't resist posting the William Wordsworth 'Daffodils' poem. One of my all time favourites, it takes me back to my school days ..... 

I wander'd lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils,
Beside the lake, beneath the trees
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced, but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee: -
A poet could not but be gay
In such a jocund company!
I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought.

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills

And dances with the daffodils.

I hope March is a good month for you.

All the best Jan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jan for a cheerful post. I've always liked that poem too.

Jenny S

Unknown said...

Happy Spring Jan! March is always a great month for me. The days grow longer, the temperatures get better and I get to be Irish for one day a year. (St. Patrick's day) Take care, and as always...all the best - Marc

Anonymous said...

Never liked poetry at school, but this one not to bad. My daffs are doing well just peeping through the mud that is my garden.

Ben

Launna said...

I am glad it is finally March too... although February is a short month it seems like a harsh month weather wise...especially this year... lots of ice..

Happy St David's day... I never even knew this existed... hmm

Have a wonderful day xox

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Jenny - many thanks for your comment, it is a nice poem isn't it....

Hi Marc - many thanks for stopping by, and Happy Spring to you too. Indeed we have St Patrick's Day to look forward to as well this month ....

Hi Ben - many thanks for your comment - pleased to hear your 'daffs are doing well'. They are a cheerful Spring flower ....

Hi Launna - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Like you I'm always pleased when March is finally here, and yes St Patrick's Day on 17th March is a big celebration for the Irish in all parts of the UK... in fact wherever they live it is celebrated.

Thanks again to you all for leaving your thoughts

All the best Jan