Total Pageviews

Monday 6 April 2015

Five Foods To Help Give You A Spring Glow and A Spring In Your Step


Image result for yellow sunflower
If we feel good we so often look good - there's a Spring in our step and we feel "all's well with the world". What we eat is so important to our health, and also "when it comes to your skin, the phrase "you are what you eat" couldn't be more true.

With that in mind, it'll come as no surprise that eating fatty foods and sweets won't do your face any favours.

But never fear, because there are a handful of foods which are specifically great for your skin (and health).

Intrigued? Here are some of them...

1) Bell Peppers
Why? They naturally boost your body's collagen levels, which helps to keep your skin firm. In other words - no wrinkles, no dimples, no saggy skin.

2) Mushrooms
Why? They contain selenium, which is an important mineral that helps protect your skin from sun damage.

3) Shellfish
Why? Because it contains zinc, which is another immunity-boosting mineral that can help protect skin cells from long term damage.

4) Strawberries
Why? They are crammed with vitamin C and flavanoids, both of which are important for keeping skin healthy.

5) Sunflower Seeds
Why? Because they're packed with vitamin E which helps to protect your body's cells and in turn can provide a healthy glow."


Original article here

Franziska Spritzler, RD, CDE The Low Carb Dietitian also has some great health and beauty information in her book, read more here

Please note we have no commercial interest in promoting Franziska or her book, we do so because we believe in and live the LCHF lifestyle.

All the best Jan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find a handful of sunflower seeds can make a good snack.

Amalia

Anonymous said...

All those foods are good. I do not know if they have improved my looks, will ask my husband.
Sheila

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I'm so glad husband is planting bell peppers in his garden, that's on your list today. And I love sunflower seeds! I used to eat them all the time, but haven't had them in awhile. Thanks for the reminder.

Have a splendid week.

~Sheri

Anonymous said...

I'm doing something right without realising. All these foods are what I eat regularly.

Nona

Galina L. said...

Personally, I found out that eating fatty animal food and coconut oil is great for skin as well. I love sunflower seeds, but I just can't stop eating it most of the time, even the raw variety, so I keep my house sunflower seeds free. It prevents me from snacking.

Anonymous said...

I like the red and yellow bell peppers, number one on the list
From Cindy Lee x

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Well, I should be absolutely radiant, as I eat these foods all the time!

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks to,

Amalia
Sheila
Sheri
Nona
Galina
Cindy
Amy

For leaving your comments, so good to read them.

All the best Jan