Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Slim Rice - No Thanks !

Slim Rice has been in the news again recently so it may be worthwhile to read this post Eddie originally put on the blog in February 2013 - don't think anything has changed, do you?

Slim Rice more crap no one needs ! 


I once read ‘never over estimate the intelligence of the general public‘. If this Slim Rice takes off I will be amazed, but I have been wrong before. It’s amazing what people will try when it comes to losing weight. You could fill a book with the crazy diets people have tried over the years and almost all do not work. Countless books and a zillion products, most totally useless. I may be late in discovering this new wonder product, this is what the manufacturers say.

“The Slim foods range contains 0g of almost all nutrition, and it is free from Gluten. It is an amazing food for Coeliacs, Diabetics and for those wanting to Lose Weight or Maintain their Weight. Let's take Slim Pasta Penne for example, it contains 100% less net calories, 100% less Carbohydrates, 100% less Sugar, 100% less Gluten and 100% less Saturated Fat than wheat pasta, yet Slim Pasta will keep you feeling full for up to 4 hours. And as for the nutrition, it comes from the sauces and ingredients that you add to it.”

So, the slim food range contains ‘Slim foods range contains 0g of almost all nutrition’ think about that, how can you call a product food and boast nil nutrition ! How about this ‘The Slim foods range comes prepared as a tasteless food, because it gets its flavours from the sauces/ingredients that you add to it.’ No folks it’s not April Fools Day. Some of you old timers may remember The Pet Rock craze, believe it or not for those too young to remember, people paid good money for a rock, gave it a pets name, then brought accessories for their new pet. And people say I am crazy, maybe, but not crazy enough to buy this crap. BTW check out the website address eat water LOL.

A little tip, try cauliflower rice it’s great and guess what, it’s highly nutritious and it is real food, and you guessed it, it’s a lot cheaper.

Eddie


Slim Rice, which comes already cooked, is made up of 97 per cent water and the Asian root konjac.

Slime Rice here

10 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I've tried this product Eddie and they're utter shite IMO and they stink like a skunk when you open the packet so It's cauliflower rice for the win for me too! Having said that-The 'Barenaked foods' low carb noodles occasionally ain't half bad for a Thai curry.

Regards

Paul

FogDog said...

If you find anyone interested in this prodect, send them my way. I've got a new product called "Empty Can". You open it up and it's empty so you just pretend you ate what was inside it.

Anonymous said...

Had not heard about The Barenaked Foods. I suppose if a person wishes to eat substitutes like this it is entirely up to them. But real food has got to be the number one choice.

Jean

Anonymous said...

FogDog LOL. I like that idea.

Ben

Cheryl said...

I never get these sort of products. What is wrong with normal food.
Years ago my mother would create the most nutritious meal, at very little cost. We always had more vegetables on our plate because my parents could not afford to buy meat or fish whenever they fancied it. Dad grew a lot of them.
I learnt a lot from my parents.

Let common sense prevail please :)

Roses and Lilacs said...

I'm not even aware of these things. I'll have to look a little harder when I'm food shopping. Cauliflower rice doesn't sound too bad...interesting anyway.

The Happy Whisk said...

FogDog: Hahaha, great comment.

Eddie: Not heard of this, but I appreciate your passion for writing the post.

Lowcarb team member said...

Paul - many thanks for letting us know your thoughts on this product, and there could be many who agree with your sentiments! Interesting to know about The Barenaked Foods though, I'd forgotten it had been on 'Dragons Den'

FogDog - just love your comment, I'm still laughing !

Jean - many thanks for your comment, and I agree real food has to be the number one choice.

Ben - thanks for your comment.

Cheryl - many thanks for your comment. I'm with you on all your thoughts.

Roses and Lilacs - thanks for your comment. Do give cauliflower rice a try, I'm sure you will like it.

The Happy Whisk 'HW' - I liked FogDogs comment too ...... and yes Eddie is passionate about eating real food.

Thanks to all who read, and are continuing to read this article, and thanks to all for your comments.

All the best Jan

JasmineJohend said...

Eddie sorry to disagree but these are a godsend to me. They come in rice and noodles. I ate these during the bulk of my weight loss and still maintain my weight. They are made out of konjac flour, very similar to glucommanan so they are high fibre and filling. I use the rice in stir fries and the noodles in soup/spag bog. Of course I still eat zucchini noodles and cauliflower rice as well as these for a quick meal. Filling and no effect on BS. If there is one thing however that horrifies me is the darn price of them although our $2 shop has received a bulk of them so I am buying up big for 75cents a pack.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Jasmine - thanks for your comment, and always interesting to hear how readers have found this type of product. However, for me I'll stick with the zucchini noodles and cauliflower rice.

Thanks again

Eddie