Serving Size: 1/10th of cake
A heavenly low carb, dairy-free cake cooked in your crock pot / slow cooker. Rich, tender and bursting with berries and coconut. Chocolate chips optional.
2 cups almond flour
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3/4 to 1 cup Swerve Sweetener (or similar), depending on how sweet you like it
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 large eggs
3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
1 tsp coconut extract
1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/3 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips (optional but oh so good!)
1. Grease the inside of a 6 quart slow cooker with coconut oil spray or similar, such as Kelapo coconut oil spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut, sweetener, powdered egg whites, baking soda and salt.
3. Stir in eggs, melted coconut oil, almond or coconut milk, and coconut extract until well combined. Gently fold in berries and chocolate chips, if using.
4. Spread batter in prepared slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours. Turn off slow cooker and let cake cool completely.
5. Top with lightly sweetened coconut whipped cream, if desired.
Serves 10. Each serving has 12.76 g of carbs (including the optional chocolate chips) and 6.1 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 6.66 g.
Without chocolate chips: Food energy: 333kcal Total fat: 29.87g Calories from fat: 268 Cholesterol: 75mg Carbohydrate: 10.10g Total dietary fiber: 5.04g Protein: 9.90g
With Chocolate Chips: Food energy: 362kcal Total fat: 32.00g Calories from fat: 287 Cholesterol: 75mg Carbohydrate: 12.76g Total dietary fiber: 6.10g Protein: 10.43