Ingredients - Serves Four
15g unsalted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
250g closed cup chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
1 large leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
50g of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
4 x un-smoked gammon steaks approx 150g each
2 teaspoons of French Dijon mustard
150ml chicken stock
125ml soured cream
Fresh flat leaf parsley about 10 - 15 grams - chopped
Ground black pepper to season
1. Heat the butter and half of the oil in a frying pan.
2. Add the mushrooms and fry over a high heat for approx 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Remove using a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Add the leek and spring onions to your pan with the rest of the oil.
5. Cook on a medium heat for about 8 - 10 minutes.
6. Preheat your grill, high setting, and then grill the gammon for approx four minutes each side until cooked through.
7. Add the mustard and chicken stock to the pan with the cooked onions. Stir in the soured cream and simmer for about 1 minute.
8. Return the mushrooms to the pan, add the chopped parsley, season to your liking with ground black pepper.
Meanwhile ... you would have prepared and cooked your choice of vegetables to accompany ... and so serve the gammon steak topped with the delicious mushroom and leek sauce, with your vegetables ... and maybe a glass of white wine ...
Now this could be just what you need for your Friday evening meal?