Total Pageviews

Monday 16 July 2018

Lemon and Rosemary Pork with a Chickpea Salad




Why not jazz up pork with lemon and rosemary for a feel-good supper that's on the table in under half an hour …

Ingredients
Serves Four
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
4 cloves garlic, crushed
juice and zest ½ lemon
4 boneless pork steaks, trimmed of fat
1 red onion, finely sliced
2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
2 x 400g/14oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained

110g mixed salad leaves

Method:
1. Mix olive oil, rosemary, garlic, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Add pork, turn to coat and season well. If you have time marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Lift the pork out of the marinade, shaking off any excess and reserving the marinade for later. Cook the pork in the pan for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Rest on a plate while you make the salad.
3. Pour the reserved marinade into the pan with the onion. Cook for 1 minute over a high heat before adding the vinegar, plus 3 tbsp. water. Bubble down for 1 minute, until the onion has softened a little and the dressing thickened slightly. Stir through chickpeas, some salt and pepper and any of the resting juices from the pork. Put salad leaves into a bowl, tip in the pan contents and gently toss, before eating immediately with the pork.
4. Enjoy!

Nutrition Per Serving:
Fat 17g Carbs 23g Protein 40g 
From an original idea here 

Chickpeas, are also called garbanzo beans, and many find them a healthy way to add more protein and other essential nutrients to meals. They are good sources of fibre, iron, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, magnesium, folate, thiamine, riboflavin and vitamin B-6. However, as regular readers of this blog know … you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. 

All the best Jan

16 comments:

Tom said...

...looks great! 😀

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks very good! Hugs, Valerie

Lady Fi said...

That salad looks good.

Anonymous said...

some lovely and new!

Catarina said...

Divine!

:)

Pam said...

I love rosemary. I cook my chicken with it on there but have never done pork but I guess other than bacon, I am not a big pork eater...Looks yummy.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day and new week!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Just the thing for this weather, looks delish xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I realize how very late I am visiting, but I'm trying to catch up today, even though I still have chills and a morbid cough. I want to also thank you for visiting me when I was too sick to reciprocate.

The nut loaf looks delicious, and although I didn't care for pork even before I stopped eating meat, the photo is lovely.

DeniseinVA said...

Looks delicious Jan, I like the idea of the chickpea salad too. Have a great week :)

Elephant's Child said...

I am a big, big fan of chickpeas. A very versatile beast.

Christine said...

I could eat this right now!

happyone said...

Chicken looks good but not a fan of chicpeas.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

♥♥♥

NatureFootstep said...

this looks very tasty and probably is. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

I wish I had this tonight! Yummy!