Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Low-Carb Pantry Essentials

Libby at Ditch The Carbs site has recently posted about "Some low-carb pantry essentials that are needed to be successful on your road to low-carb living. Here are 20 items you should have in your pantry … many of which you might already have!



1: Almond flour/meal

2: Coconut flour

3: Erythritol/xylitol/stevia

4: Nuts and seeds

5: Cream cheese

6: Coconut oil

7: Extra Virgin Olive Oil

8: Cocoa powder (unsweetened)

9: Avocado oil

10: Coconut cream

11: Cacao nibs

12: Herbs and spices

13: Flaxseeds/linseeds

14: Macadamia nuts

15: Psyllium husks

16: Nut butters

17: Tinned/canned tuna

18: Tomato paste

19: Coconut butter

20: Vanilla

So there you have it! 20 low-carb pantry essentials. All of these are nutrition packed and perfect for starting your low-carb life. Have fun cooking and baking up a storm!"

Words and picture above from Libby's site, where she gives a full explanation of each essential …
Why not go over and see/read more, use this link here

You will find a variety of articles, studies, recipe ideas etc. within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for this great list!

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie

Martha said...

This is a great list! Thank you :)

Sami said...

With the exception of the coconut butter I have all of them :)
Thanks Jan

William Kendall said...

I'd skip the tuna!

Mary Kirkland said...

That's a great list.

Anonymous said...

Good to know.

Tina

Dianna said...

Thank you, Jan, for sharing this list as well as providing the link to where we can read about each one. I've copied them down.

DUTA said...

The thing with nuts is that they're addictive and we immediately gain weight.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I need to make a shopping list and get some of these things that I haven't tried. I eat healthy....but I could do better! Thanks for sharing. I'm off to follow the link! Hugs!

Elephant's Child said...

Some I have, and some I will investigate. Thank you both.

Christine said...

Almond flour was the first thing that came to my mind! Thanks for sharing.

only slightly confused said...

Well I've got seven of them but we don't make desserts to some of that stuff I wouldn't likely need.

Chris Lally said...

A great list! Essential, for sure.

Lee said...

A handy list...thanks. :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, this is a nice list. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day!

Ygraine said...

Wow... thank you so much for sharing this!
It had certainly simplified my shopping list. There are so many foods out there that it is often quite overwhelming when you are trying to eat healthily, isn't it?!
A really helpful post!😊😊

A hug!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

A very interesting list. Thank you.

angryparsnip said...

This list is wonderful now and for me learning how to use them.

cheers, parsnip

Lady Fi said...

Good list.

Amy Purdy said...

This is a helpful list, thank you.

Magic Love Crow said...

Thank you Jan! Big Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

I am not doing to bad, I have at least half of these :)