Total Pageviews

Monday 3 September 2018

A Taste of Italy - Tuscan Stuffed Mushrooms - Low Carb

Tuscany is a region in central Italy and the regional capital is Florence. Tuscany is known for its landscapes, traditions, history and artistic legacy. When it comes to Tuscan cuisine simplicity is central and in many recipes cheese, vegetables, mushrooms and fresh fruit are used. 

This 'Tuscan Stuffed Mushrooms' recipe suggestion by Taryn at 'Joy Filled Eats' is for a quick and easy side dish or appetizer which has a lot of flavour. Using sundried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and cheese which overflows onto tender button mushrooms … they taste delicious.

I hope you may try this suggestion soon. If you do not like mushrooms why not try this recipe using courgette/zucchini boats …




Ingredients:
12 small mushrooms
1 cup frozen spinach thawed and drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella divided
4 oz. cream cheese softened
8 sundried tomatoes chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
Recipe instructions:
can be found here
For help with measurement/weight conversion
see here

couldn't resist sharing this beautiful picture of Tuscan fields - image from here

Please note, this blog brings a variety of recipe ideas/suggestions, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

36 comments:

DUTA said...

I've lately discovered the tiny, white button mushrooms, and I'm delighted to use them along wth other vegetables. It makes for a delicious texture.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds wonderful. Great field photo, too. Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...a nice party treat.

Aritha V. said...

Thank you so much! I love mushrooms. Especially because they contain vitamin B2 etc.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The Stuffed Mushrooms look delicious. I love sundried tomatoes, YUM! The Tuscan scene is beautiful. Happy Monday, have a great new week ahead!

Ygraine said...

Wow...those stuffed mushrooms look amazing...I will definitely have to try these! Yum!!
I love that picture too...so very striking...:))

Have a great day!

handmade by amalia said...

This is one of my favorite starters to make and serve. My recipe is a bit different, quite a lot of butter and a lot of herbs. I'd love to try yours, I especially like the idea of the sun dried tomatoes. Glad to be here, I missed you during my summer break, dear Jan.
Amalia
xo

Anonymous said...

Really enjoy mushrooms will be trying this. The scene looks beautiful.

Tina

Christine said...

The mushrooms look delicious!

Martha said...

What a lovely treat!

It's me said...

Mmmmmmmm...i love mushrooms ...mmmmmm...happy week love Ria đź’•

Chris Lally said...

Looks like a great combination of ingredients, Jan. They are pretty, too.!
And that photo - wow!!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

mmmmm

DMS said...

This recipe sounds absolutely amazing to me. I love, love, love mushrooms and I have to make this. Perfect!!! Sounds so yummy. :)
~Jess

Elephant's Child said...

Yum.
Love that sun drenched photo too.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Sounds lovely and looks delicious xx

Trini Altea said...

Qué rico

Bill said...

Sound great and delicious.

Lowcarb team member said...

Trini Altea said:
"Qué rico"

Google translate
'How nice'

Many thanks for your comment Trini, hope you may try the recipe soon.

All the best Jan

PS Thanks to all who comment on the blog, you are appreciated.

Out on the prairie said...

I get a nice boursin cheese to use for these

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

These would be lovely anytime, but especially for a dinner party. Thank you for your ideas on such tasty dishes, Jan. ♥

Felicity said...

I love italian food :)
thank you for sharing this delicious idea

have a nice day,
Nat

David M. Gascoigne, said...

At the end of the bird banding season we will be hosting a wrap up party for the participants. This looks like a simple, tasty appetizer.

Carla from The River said...

Oh MY! I am sharing this one. Thank You!!

Carla from The River said...

I pinned .. just wanted to let you know. Thank you again for sharing. Carla

happyone said...

Oh they look so good and what a beautiful photo.

Snowbird said...

I love mushrooms! Gorgeous picture at the end!xxx

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh this looks so very delicious! I may give it a try, thank you!

William Kendall said...

The ingredients all seem to agree with me, so I'd try that.

Sue (this n that) said...

A lovely way to enjoy mushrooms. Thank you Jan :D)xx

baili said...

hope i can reduce the cheese ,loved the recipe my friend!

looks so yummy!
Italy is in my wishlist!
loved the image too

Carol Blackburn said...

I so love mushrooms. Hubby used to make me some stuffed with a Ritz cracker crumb mixture (long time ago) that I miss from time to time. He doesn't cook for me anymore since I went Keto. Aw shucks! I'll have to try this recipe soon. Enjoy your day!

Magic Love Crow said...

I would love to eat this right now! Thank you! Big Hugs!

Phil Slade said...

I really fancy a few of those. Definitely try it when we get back from Greece. They do a great stuffed garlic mushrooms in The Maistrali in Skiathos.

carol l mckenna said...

Love hay field photo and yummy appetizers ~ delish!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores

Iris Flavia said...

On search on your answer regarding my niece I found this, how could I miss it?!
We´d been to Florence in 2015, Tuscany is wonderful and the food deli!
Aw, sweet memories, thank you!