1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 White or Red Onion
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Salsa, spicy or mild depending on preference
1/4 Cup Heavy (Double) Cream
1 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded (grated)
2. Cook the chicken anyway you’d like. Allow chicken to cool, then shred it into bite sized pieces.
3. Chop bell pepper and onion. Add them to a pan with olive oil, salt and pepper, and sauté until softened. Remove from heat.
4. In a bowl, mix chili powder, cumin and oregano. Add sour cream, salsa, cooked veggies and shredded chicken and stir to combine.
5. Pour contents of bowl into a 9x13 casserole dish or large skillet.
6. Pour heavy (double) cream evenly over the top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until casserole is warmed all the way through and the cheese has lightly browned.
All the best Jan