2. The name of January month was named after God Janus known as God of new beginnings. It is known that God Janus had two heads through which he could watch in both directions, back to the old year and front towards the new year.
3. More divorce happens in the month of January than in any other month in United Kingdom!
4. The traditional January birth flowers are the carnation and the snowdrop.
5. January is also known as “wolf month” by the Saxons because wolves come into towns for food in this month.
6. Garnet is the birth stone of this month which represents constancy.
7. January’s zodiac signs are Capricorn [until January 19] and Aquarius [January 20 onwards].
All the best Jan