Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 July 2022

Answers to July Quiz Plus ... a recipe for low carb vanilla ice-cream

Hello there, I hope you enjoyed yesterdays quiz. Many thanks to all those who read the post and special thanks to those who took time to comment.


Did you know the answers? Well, as promised here are the answers to the seven questions. For ease I have repeated the questions ...

1. The month of Quintilis was renamed July in honour of which historical figure?

Answer : Julius Caesar

2. In the poem, The Garden Year, in the line 'Hot July brings cooling showers, apricots, and gillyflowers', which modern day flower is a gillyflower?

Answer : Carnation

3. St Swithin's Day falls on which date every year? And if it rains on St. Swithin's Day, for how many more days will it continually rain?

Answer : 15th of July. 40 days (Note: St Swithin was Bishop of Winchester in the 9th century)

4. Neil Armstrong became the first man to step onto the moon on July 21, in which year?

Answer : 1969

5. Which zodiac sign for the month of July ends on July 22? And which sign starts from July 23 onwards?

Answer : Cancer (until July 22). And Leo (July 23 onwards).

6. Which gemstone, a variety of the mineral corundum, and which symbolizes contentment, is the birthstone of July?

Answer : Ruby

7. True or false. On average, July is the hottest month of the year in the UK?

Answer : True

How did you do? Before I researched the answers I knew six, although one answer was a guess 😊

... and now on to a tasty recipe suggestion, which you may wish to try.

Vanilla Ice Cream : Sugar Free and Low Carb
Of course, on a nice sunny day nothing says summer like a scoop of creamy, oh-so-delicious ice cream. Make your scoop satisfying, simple, and sugar free with this low carb/keto version!
You could also add a few low carb berries, strawberries are nice!
More details here


~ wishing you a happy month of July ~

A variety of articles and recipe ideas are within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

20 comments:

happyone said...

I did get the 4 right that I thought I did.

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for continuing to educate me. And for frequently tempting me as well.

Tom said...

...I failed this quiz.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Marigold was the flower I was thinking. Rain 40 days first thought, but changed to 3 because 40 is a lot of rain. lol
Fun quiz

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like smell of carnation.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Kay said...

Yay! I'm a Leo and I know my birthstone is a ruby. But gosh! I don't have any jewelry with a ruby.

Practical Parsimony said...

I knew four. I need low carb ice cream!

Anonymous said...

Interesting answers and the ice cream sounds good. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Lee said...

I'll have to remember all of those in case I'm ever asked the questions! :)

Margaret D said...

Must have missed that post...oh dear!

Iris Flavia said...

#4 I knew. Ingo was 4, his parents dragged him out of bed in the middle of the night to watch it live. He thought it was a comic, a movie, not real and just wanted to sleep.
Oh, boy!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got two correct, the ones I knew for sure (numbers 4 and 5). I had read that August is named for Augustus Caesar, but didn't know July was named for Julius Caesar. I was wrong about the gemstone, too. This one was definitely harder than most months. BTW, the cheesecake from yesterday looks wonderful.

Martha said...

You always share fun things about each month and some delicious recipes!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The quiz is fun! Pretty flowers!
Have a happy weekend.

John's Island said...

Hello Jan, Thank you for the answers to July Quiz Plus and a recipe for low carb vanilla ice-cream. 😊 I surely did not know all 7 answers, so, once again, I’ve learned from my visit to The Low Carb Diabetic. Interesting that July is the hottest month of the year in the UK. I need to do some research to see if that is true for Seattle. I am pretty sure it is either July or August. The ice-cream sounds delicious, and, what perfect timing to offer that up! 😊 Thank you, as always, for your kind comments on my blog. Wishing you and Eddie a fine weekend and week ahead. John

Magaly Guerrero said...

I didn't participate in the quiz, and perhaps that's a good thing--I only really knew three answers! 😅

I hope you're having a nice weekend.

Fun60 said...

I managed three and a half!

My name is Erika. said...

I always learn a lot here. Happy July to you-even if we are 4 days into it by now.

Teresa said...

Algunas había acertado. Gracias por la receta. Un beso.