1. The month of Quintilis was renamed July in honour of which historical figure?
Friday, 1 July 2022
July - Time for the first of the month quiz - plus - recipe for a lower carb Strawberry Cheesecake
~ Larkspur July flower, with visitor ~
As we welcome July, the seventh month of the year, it's time for the first of the month quiz. I'm only asking seven questions, I hope you may have a go at answering them.
2. In the poem, The Garden Year, in the line 'Hot July brings cooling showers, apricots, and gillyflowers', which modern day flower is a gillyflower?
3. St Swithin's Day falls on which date every year? And if it rains on St. Swithin's Day, for how many more days will it continually rain?
4. Neil Armstrong became the first man to step onto the moon on July 21, in which year?
5. Which zodiac sign for the month of July ends on July 22? And which sign starts from July 23 onwards?
6. Which gemstone, a variety of the mineral corundum, and which symbolizes contentment, is the birthstone of July?
7. True or false. On average, July is the hottest month of the year in the UK?
How did you do? Do write down your answers at home and come back tomorrow when the answers will be revealed. 😊
~ and now for a delicious recipe suggestion ~
Strawberries are a firm favourite in our house, but did you know! They are 91% water, and can be a great contributor to your water intake for the day! They also deliver the most vitamin C of all berries, plus folate, fibre and antioxidants. You can eat them as a little snack (so enjoyable) or with some yogurt, or double cream ... even in a salad, it's a great summer fruit.
lower carb recipe - more details here
This blog is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, music and recipes! However, not all the recipes ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.
All the best Jan