Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 July 2022

Happy Tuesday, and you are invited to lunch !

Hello and Happy Tuesday
I thought I would invite you to lunch (virtually speaking of course)
I hope you may enjoy one of these ...


Coconut Camembert
enjoyable as a light lunch, or starter.

Ingredients
Serves 2
½ Camembert cheese,
1 egg, beaten,
2 tbsp. fine desiccated coconut,
olive oil for frying,
30g baby spinach,
5 cherry tomatoes,
10 slices cucumber,
40g berries of your choice,
balsamic vinegar, to serve

Method
1. Cut the cheese into 4 wedges; dip each wedge in beaten egg and then coconut to coat.

2. Heat the oil in a small pan and cook wedges for 30-60 seconds each side until golden brown.

3. Make a salad by tossing together the spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and berries
and serve cheese wedges on top, drizzled with vinegar.
from an original idea here

 ~ you may prefer ~


Summer Pistou from Provençe

Ingredients
Serves Four
1 tbsp. oil
2 leeks, finely sliced
1 large courgette (zucchini), finely diced
1 ltr. vegetable stock (made from scratch or with reduced-salt bouillon)
400g can cannellini or haricot beans, drained
200g green beans, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
40g freshly grated
basil (small pack or handful)
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
for a bit more 'zing' - add a little lime juice or chilli - optional
Recipe instructions are here

~ and some summer flowers ~
they always brighten the day


You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

35 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds delicious thank you

Christine said...

These look so good Jan!

I just found close to 400 comments from various blogger friends in my spam folder, including many of yours. So annoying to just realize this after months. I read and approved the comments that were being moderated and never thought they were being approved and moved to the spam folder!

Martha said...

Oh, so delicious! Thank you!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Thank you for the invitation, Jan! It would be lovely to have either dish for lunch as they both sound very good!

Tom said...

...not my normal lunch.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I hope to make soup once I retire.
Coffee is on and stay safe

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracia s por l recetas te mando un beso.

Angie said...

Jan - they both look good. I think the Pistou would be my first choice!

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you - for both the delicious sounding recipes and the flowers.

Margaret D said...

Appetising for sure Jan.

eileeninmd said...

Both sound delicious, thank you!
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

My name is Erika. said...

I'll be there so save me a seat. The food looks yummy. Stay cool!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Did I miss lunch? Are there any leftovers? I'll have a little of everything! lol Enjoy your day. I see that your temps are high there too so stay cool if you can!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful lunch and love the boquet of flowers too..

Inger said...

That first dish looks so interesting. Do you create, invent, all these dishes yourselves?

CraveCute said...

Wow these look and sound amazing! Thanks so much Jan!

Sondra said...

,,,YUMMY now if I only had someone to make that for me...and the flowers are lovely also..

Creations By Cindy said...

Wish I could sit at your table! Looks so inviting and good. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Lorrie said...

Both very appetizing dishes. I'd love to lunch on them!

Ananka said...

Looks good :-D I like the second dish :-D Hope you didn't get it too hot down there. Was highs of 32C up here, us poor Scots aren't used to that!

Catarina said...

I would accept the invitation!

Snowbird said...

Goodness, how lovely lunch with you looks!!!xxx

Kim said...

Beautiful...what a treat to be invited to lunch!

DVArtist said...

Oh yum! Thank you for the invite. LOL

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Neat recioes. The flowers are beautiful.

happyone said...

I accept. :) Thanks for the invite. :)

Jeanie said...

Those both sound delicious. Now. What would you like me to bring?!

William Kendall said...

That sounds good.

Divers and Sundry said...

They look and sound delicious!

Kinga K. said...

So cool :)

R's Rue said...

Yum

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely lunch

sandy said...

Yum, lunch looks good. Hope all is well with you and Eddie - I haven't been around much on blogworld lately - other things taking up my time.

Angie's Recipes said...

The coconut coated Camembert looks amazing.

Teresa said...

Las recetas como siempre son estupendas. Besos.