Total Pageviews

Monday 13 March 2023

Baked Mascarpone and Blueberry Dessert : Delicious and Low Carb

Sharing a recipe idea from Pascale Naessens, this sugar-free yet deliciously decadent low-carb dessert has only three ingredients, so simple and easy!


Ingredients
Serves Two
9g carbs per serving
2 egg yolks
200 g (200 ml) mascarpone cheese
100 g (160 ml) fresh blueberries (strawberries, or raspberries could be used).
Instructions
can be seen here


Mascarpone originated in the Lombardy region of Northern Italy during the Renaissance. It is ivory-coloured, exceptionally smooth, and an easily spreadable fresh cream cheese. The flavour is milky and slightly sweet. The rich, buttery texture comes from the high butterfat content. Mascarpone generally comes in tubs, and it should remain refrigerated. Check the "use by" date on the package for storage time, but it's generally a week.
You can read more about this cheese here

This blog offers a wide variety of articles and recipe ideas, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

30 comments:

Christine said...

A very rich cheese! Looks delicious

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta, se ve muy rica te mando un beso.

Tom said...

...I'm not sure about cheese and blueberries.

Catarina said...

I feel tempted... however, I better find a substitute... maybe ricotta, crème fraîche or cottage cheese. My concern is that mascarpone is one of the highest fat cheeses.

Angie's Recipes said...

That looks absolutely divine!

Margaret D said...

Looks delicious. Interesting about the cheese as I'd never heard of that type.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds so good, yummy! Valerie

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Looks delicious, another yummy recipe!
Take care, have a great day!

Donna said...

I seriously need to make this!! Yum!
hugs
Donna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I bought a container of mascarpone a few months ago. Wish I'd had this recipe then! This looks delicious and I may have to buy some more of that extremely decadent and expensive cheese.

Pam said...

I love blueberries.

baili said...

awe what a DELICIOUS recipe dear Jan !

thank you so much
hugs and blessings

Debbie said...

so delicious, it's such a nice cheese!!

Teresa said...

Me encantan los arándanos y el mascarpone, intentaré hacerla. Besos.

Chatty Crone said...

Looks wonderful - you know I have never eaten Mascarpone before. Is it sweet?

CJ Kennedy said...

Simple, easy, and delicious is just how I like to cook

Sondra said...

that recipe looks so lovely.

William Kendall said...

I think my mother made that.

R's Rue said...

Wow.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm not sure I've had this cheese! We have a town, Lombardy, near us, too. But this is Canada!

Jeanie said...

That one sounds very good -- and nice presentation, too!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Yummy

Bill said...

I love blueberries, not sure about the cheese.

Lowcarb team member said...

Chatty Crone said...
Looks wonderful - you know I have never eaten Mascarpone before. Is it sweet?

Hello there, many thanks for your comment and question.
The flavour of Mascarpone is milky and slightly sweet, and works well in this recipe.

All the best Jan

It's me said...

Mmmmmmm….🍀🍀🍀

Divers and Sundry said...

Sounds tasty. I tend to just eat the blueberries as is.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This looks very delicious! Mascarpone is sadly very expensive where I live but I did find a bulk source recently that is more affordable so I am collecting different ideas as to how to use it so a bulk size would be well-spent. I will add this recipe to my file Thanks!

Conniecrafter said...

I have never heard of that kind of cheese.

Snowbird said...

Goodness, hubs will adore that!xxx

Martha said...

Oh my...that is tasty!