Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 March 2023

'Reasons You Need to Be Eating Avocado'


The words below are taken from article here
"Avocado is one of those foods that almost every dietary ideology agrees is good for you. Vegans, vegetarians, paleos, Mediterranean diet espousers, and low carb/keto diet fans all promote avocados as a “good fat.” Even the USDA dietary committee wants people eating avocados. But most avocado discussion stops there. It’s “good for you” and that’s about all you hear about the avocado.

But the human research convincingly shows that avocados—the whole fruit—are incredibly healthy and nutrient-dense additions to anyone’s diet. Unless you have a specific reason for not eating them, you should be eating avocados oil on a regular basis. Here are seven evidence-based reasons why this is the case:

  • Avocados improve cholesterol
  • Avocados make meat healthier
  • Avocados make meals more filling and satisfying
  • Avocados improve cognitive function
  • Avocados improve gut health
  • Avocados reduce oxidative stress and inflammation
  • Avocados improve eye health
  • Avocados are micronutrient-rich.

When most people talk about the nutrients found in avocados, they talk about potassium and monounsaturated fat. These are good components of the avocado, but there’s a lot more to it. 

A single avocado gives you:
30% of daily folate
40% of vitamin B5
15% of riboflavin
23% of vitamin B6
17% of vitamin E
28% of vitamin K
26% of copper
9% of magnesium
15% of potassium

That’s not bad for 200 calories of healthy fat and prebiotic fibre that also has all the beneficial effects mentioned above. Avocados are delicious, nutritious, and improve many aspects of your health. There’s no reason not to eat them on a regular basis."
The above is a snippet from the original article which you can read in full here

If you don't like avocados (and not everyone does) how about these avocado substitutes see here




~ enjoy your day ~

Dear reader, this blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

32 comments:

Tom said...

...I've never been fond of avocados.

My name is Erika. said...

I love avocados. Now I wish I had some for my morning toast.

Anonymous said...

Avocados are good and I always have some in the kitchen.
Those flowers look nice.

Tina

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I am a fan of avacados. The trick is finding the perfect window of opportunity in which to eat them. - Jenn

J.P. Alexander said...

Amo el aguacate. Me gusto esta entrada. Te mando un beso.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love avocados, especially in guacamole! The prices seem to be coming down, too. Love the pretty flowers - hope you have a little sunshine this week to brighten your days. x K

Chatty Crone said...

I love avocados. They are my favorite - but the problem is they are very expensive. But I think I will put them on my grocery list this weekend.

Christine said...

I love avocados

Kay said...

We just passed the avocado season over here, but really enjoyed them when we had them. Now I wish we had more.

Catarina said...

I love avocados!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I stopped eating avocados when the price got so high I couldn't afford them. I noticed the prices have dropped considerably, so I now buy the six container package. Lasts me six days, since I eat one a day. Everyone should read this article.

Margaret D said...

They are good for us but don't really care for them unfortunately.

It's me said...

I looooove avocado but always exciting if it is good to eat …..happy day love your flowers too enjoy πŸ€❤️πŸΎπŸ€

William Kendall said...

I've never had it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We'll try eating some more.

God bless.

Donna said...

No need to convince me! I LOVE them...
hugs
Donna

eileeninmd said...

I like them, I just do not have them often.
Take care, have a great day!

Jeanie said...

Those are all good -- but the only one I need is that they are delicious!

Bill said...

I love avocados and had one today in my salad.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love avocados! Valerie

Snowbird said...

I love them, good to know how good they are for you. Loving those flowers.xxx

Sally said...

I had one yesterday, so very good! :)

xoxo

DeniseinVA said...

Love avocados and always have them on the shopping list. Thanks for the interesting article.

Mary Kirkland said...

I love avocado. I have some in my salad most days.

Rose said...

I need to learn to like avocado!

happyone said...

I'm sure in the minority here, I don't like it! :)

Breathtaking said...

Hello :=)
When Avocado became more expensive I stopped buying them, but opted for Avocado yogurt.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I love avocados. Unfortunately they are bad for the planet as they use tons of water to grow them.

Teresa said...

Me encantan los aguacates. Buen fin de semana.

Conniecrafter said...

Not sure about the avocados but I do like most of the substitutes :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I eat 1/4 avocado most days with lunch. Delicious! It's nice when something you enjoy is good for you :)

Debbie said...

i love avocado toast with a fried egg on top!! i am not good at buying them though, i find it difficult to buy them when they are at the perfect ripeness!!