Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Lemon Parsley Chicken

SAMSUNG

Like many I too am a fan of any dish you can cook in just one pan. It saves on the washing up ... so useful when the butler has the night off LOL !

This lemon and parsley chicken recipe is simple, fast and sure to please! I saw it on Keirsten's blog and thought I'd give it a try. I did adapt the amounts to suit me and have to say it's a winner. But here is how Keirsten describes it.

"You’ll need a large skillet/ frying pan with a lid. (This can easily be made in larger or smaller quantities, as the measurements are approximate.) I always recommend cooking in bulk and having breakfast or lunch nearly prepared the next day!

Serve with a salad, mashed swede or steamed vegetables.

Ingredients:
Approximately 2-3 lbs chicken drumsticks
1 medium purple onion, cut into slices
2-3 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
2-3 lemons, cut into quarters
1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Steps:
1) In a large skillet, cook onion in ghee or coconut oil over medium heat.
2) Once the onions start to become translucent, add chicken drumsticks.
3) Squeeze the lemon over the chicken. Add lemon rinds to the skillet with the chicken. (You can use a cheese/veggie grater or a zester on the lemon, too)
4) Add 1/2 the parsley and sea salt and black pepper as desired.
5) Continue to cook over medium heat until one side of the chicken is browned, approximately 12-15 minutes.
6) Flip the drumsticks, turn heat to medium-low, cover and continue to cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Garnish with remaining parsley (maybe more salt and pepper) and serve."


Recipe idea from Keirsten here

Bon Appetit

All the best Jan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do like this idea and chicken is a cheap dish. I would really brown my chicken.

Jenny S

Debbie said...

sounds delish...chicken is a favorite at my house!!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Jenny ... thanks for your comment. Yes I would definitely brown my chicken - and I love a crispy chicken skin!

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Debbie, and many thanks for your comment. Absolutely agree chicken can be so 'delish'- and is very often on our menu plans.

All the best Jan

Carla from The River said...

Yummy! Chicken is our favorite. I will be giving this a try this week! Thank you for sharing.
Carla

eileeninmd said...

This chicken looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Carla ... thanks for your comment. This is a lovely recipe, and I'm sure you will enjoy it when you try it out.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Eileen, and many thanks for your comment. I love to share recipe ideas - it is then up to the readers which ones they try out or amend. Hope your week is going well.

All the best Jan