Thursday, 27 August 2015
Truffles : Low Carb and Sugar Free !
For adults only! Well these super tasting truffles do contain brandy ... so please keep them away from the children ! These low carb walnut and brandy truffles are simply delicious, a treat for us adults, why not make some and see why.
Sugar Free Walnut and Brandy Truffles
250g / 9 oz regular cream cheese block (not spreadable)
100g/ 3.5 oz butter melted
4 tbs unsweetened dark cocoa powder
¼ cup walnut pieces
3 tbs granulated stevia, or sweetener of choice, to taste
1-2 tbs brandy *see notes
1. Warm the cream cheese block to room temperature or in the microwave for 15 seconds, until it is soft enough to work with.
2. Add the melted butter and mix through with a fork to ensure it is lump free and smooth.
3. Add the cocoa powder, stevia and brandy. Mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Gently stir through the tiny walnut pieces and refrigerate until firm enough to roll into balls.
5. Roll a heaped teaspoon at a time and place each truffle on a plate. Place the plate into the fridge again for an hour or two for the truffles to really set firmly.
6. Roll in cocoa powder if you like, or crushed walnuts, pistachios, pecans etc.
*Brandy is optional and is intended for adults only. You can omit this entirely or you can add alcohol free brandy essence.
Serving size: 1 truffle Calories: 94
Fat: 9.6g Carbohydrates: 1.3g Sugar: 0.5g Fibre: 0.5g Protein: 1.4g
Idea for these delicious truffles from super star Libby at 'Ditch The Carbs' here
... recipes are just made for making, sharing and enjoying.
All the best Jan