Total Pageviews

Saturday 10 September 2016

Chicken Fajita Stuffed Courgette / Zucchini : Low Carb and Gluten Free



What a wonderful plate of delicious food! This Chicken Fajita Stuffed Courgette/ Zucchini recipe is gluten free, low carb and super easy to make!

Ingredients
6 large courgette / zucchini or 4 pounds
1 tbsp avocado oil
3 sweet peppers (1 green, red, yellow) or 1 pound
1 onion or 12 ounces, chopped
1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
2 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
juice of lime


optional toppings:
sour cream, avocado, shredded Mexican cheese, cilantro, salsa

Please see Brenda, at 'Sugar Free Mom' blog, recipe instructions here
She also lists the nutritional information



Zucchini / Courgette another low carb and versatile vegetable.

If you’re already living the LCHF lifestyle, you will know that zucchini/courgettes are low in carbs, just 2g. carb per 100g, and they are probably high up on your must buy shopping (or growing) list. They may not pack the nutritional punch of other green vegetables (broccoli, kale etc.) but they do contain significant levels of potassium to control blood pressure and vitamin C to boost your immune system. You can see more details and recipe suggestions here.

I'm off to buy some soon!

All the best Jan

9 comments:

Jo said...

That looks lovely. I often make stuffed courgettes but I've never stuffed them with chicken, I'll have to try this.

Kezzie said...

I adore courgettes which is amazing as I loathed them as a child when we used to have them fresh from the allotment. This recipe sounds sincerely tasty and I'd love to try it at home but for non-meat eating husband!! Thank you for all your consistently kind comments Jan, I always appreciate you and apologies for being tardu in my visits lately!x

Martha said...

Amazing recipe. So many goodies in it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really does look good! So much color and wonderful flavors! Thanks for the recipe! Hugs, Diane

Debbie said...

so very yummy looking and the ingredients sound perfect!!!

Launna said...

I like the sound of these... I've never thought of stuffing zucchini with chicken ... they look yummy and so healthy too xox ♡♡

happyone said...

I'm still getting zucchinis out of my garden. There seems to be no end to them . : )

Candy S said...

I love zucchinis cooked on my electric grille when the are all marinated and well seasoned with garlic and Hispanic spices like cumin and chili powder. The Chicken Fajita stuffing looks incredibly delicious as a topping/stuffing for the larger zucchinis and maybe to stuff the extra peppers from the garden with too. My grill can be used like an oven when it is covered, We just take it out onto the patio, plug it in, and use the cover on it so it can bake as well as grill at the same time. Oh yummy!! I do think this will be tomorrow's dinner!

Snowbird said...

I have a glut of courgettes, any chance they could wing their way to you?xxx