Total Pageviews

Monday 25 September 2017

Lemony Lamb Chops - Grilled


Lamb is usually a very tasty meat, but can be expensive. We don't eat it too often - perhaps a lovely Roast Lamb Sunday Lunch or a recipe like this below. I often look out for special offers at my supermarket, Farmer's Market or butcher ... depending on where I maybe shopping! If you are not too familiar with the different cuts of lamb, have a read here

If you'd like to give this recipe a try, here is what you will need.
Ingredients:
Using 12 small chops
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. fresh thyme - or rosemary if preferred
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
12 lean lamb loin chops
cooking spray

Directions:
1. In small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In shallow baking dish, place lamb chops and brush with seasoned olive oil. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Preheat grill to high. Lightly coat grill grate with cooking spray. Place lamb chops on grill, and discard marinade. Cook 10 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 145°F. (Meat is cooked through)

Nutrition Information:
Per serving (x12)
173 calories; .5g carbohydrates; 0g fibre; 3g saturated fat; 14g protein; 46mg sodium

Obviously amend amounts to suit your needs.
If you require help with measurement conversion etc. look here

Taken from an idea here


All the best Jan

17 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Not for me - even when I ate meat.
Lamb is wicked expensive here too.

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Jan... aw, snap! Hubby did the shopping this morningand I told him I had a hunger for some chops - no matter the price lol :D)
Lamb's expensive over here as well. The lemony recipe sounds nice! Cheers

Jo said...

Yum. I'm having lamb chops for tea so I may very well go with this recipe.

Tom said...

...I've never cared for lamb!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have to say I have not eaten much lamb in my lifetime.
Thank you for sharing the recipe. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

Anonymous said...

I confess that I've never eaten lamb but your picture looks delicious. Happy Monday.

Anonymous said...

Love your website. There is a problem with one of the links. Diet Doctor points to https://www.dietdoctor.com/se which is the Swedish version. Just changed late last week. I only found many of the other websites because you list them.
Again, I love your website. Your have such good information and references.
I am one of those people without internet or email at home. Your site is one of the few reasons I will have to get internet when I retire. Carry on with the good fight, holiday season is coming. I dread the potlucks and get-togethers where the choice is load up with food or look antisocial. Carbs have bad effect on my carb appetite even after just one bad meal, and my A1C goes up.
I cling to your website like a life preserver. Love and hugs, Margaret from Vermont

Ygraine said...

I have to admit, I hardly ever eat lamb...but coincidentally, I did have lamb in mint sauce yesterday.
I am a "guilty meat eater"...wish I were a vegetarian, but still get cravings for meat!
I have never thought of lamb and lemon before...but now I have seen your recipe, it looks wonderful!

Love & Hugs xoxoxo

Christine said...

It looks delicious, not something I have often.

Catarina said...

I love lamb chops!
This dish looks really appealing!!

William Kendall said...

My mother would often slice lemons and add them onto lamb while cooking, rather than use juice.

only slightly confused said...

Like the wool, not a fan of the meat lol.

Gloria Baker said...

this looks delicious!!!

RO said...

I have some lamb in the freezer that I was lucky enough to get on special, so I think I'm going to try this one for dinner. Thanks so much for the awesome recipe. Hugs...RO

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful ideas, but salmon and lamb are mostly out of my budget! Hugs Valerie

Magic Love Crow said...

Sounds amazing! Thank you!

Phil Slade said...

Hard to beat lamb chops but we're a bit "meated out" after so much lamb in Greece.

Enjoy your weekend Jan and Eddie.