Total Pageviews

Monday 19 February 2018

Chinese Pork with Brussels Sprouts : Take-Away this Low Carb Dish


I'm sure you will find there's no need for a Chinese Take-Away, because this meal delivers all of the flavour of Chinese food, the home cooked low carb way ...
And you will have dinner on the table in no time:-

Ingredients:
Serves Four
7g carbs per serving

1 1⁄3 lbs / 600g pork belly
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves
3 oz. / 75g butter or coconut oil
1 lb / 450g Brussels sprouts
½ leek
salt and ground black pepper

If you are looking for a gluten-free and soy-free alternative to soy sauce, try coconut aminos; check the label, but expect about one gram net carbs per teaspoon, so go easy.

About five minutes to prepare (allow time to marinade) and fifteen minutes to cook ...

I hope you may find time to 'Take-Away this Low Carb Dish' to your own recipe lists, please see cooking instructions here

Pork Belly is a boneless cut of fatty meat from the belly of a pig. This dish is considered a delicacy in many parts of the world. Pork belly is immensely popular in Chinese, Korean and Philippine cuisine.

快乐饮食

kuài lè yǐn shí

Happy Eating
(with thanks to google translate)

All the best Jan

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy!!!

Dianna said...

Oh, my! I'm definitely fixing this one! We love Brussels sprouts and this just sounds like such a delicious way to enjoy them!

Cheryl said...

Looks delicious. I love Brussel sprouts :)

Out on the prairie said...

A nice wintery dish

Tom said...

...Brussels Sprouts have never been a favorite.

Christine said...

looks delicious! Will check out coconut aminos.

Mary Kirkland said...

I would definitely eat this.

happyone said...

Suppertime is coming up and this is making me hungry. : )

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Sounds like a dish to try. I have finally got my wife to eat Brussel sprouts - as long as I bake them in Maple syrup and butter.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Love brussel sprouts

Lee said...

Yum! Yum! Yum!Now I'm hungry and it's not yet time for Dim Sum!

RO said...

This sounds really yummy! Hugs...RO

Magic Love Crow said...

This one is for my brother! LOL! Thank you!

William Kendall said...

That sounds good!

handmade by amalia said...

This made me laugh. I bought a package of Brussels sprouts a few days ago and have had no idea with to do with them. They've been giving me an stare every time I open the fridge :-)
Amalia
xo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love Brussel sprouts. Not sure about the pork, though!

Dianna said...

I made this for our supper this evening and we love it! Thanks so much, Jan, for sharing another delicious recipe.