Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Lemon 'Sponge' Cake Bars : Low Carb and Sugar Free


These sugar free lemon bars from Libby at 'Ditch The Carbs' are so light, tasty and fluffy. They take about ten minutes to prepare, and twenty minutes to cook ... then drizzled with a sweetened lemon glaze just makes them extra special and zesty.
Why not try them and see! 

Ingredients:
Makes 10 Bars
Sugar free lemon bars
110 g butter softened
4 tbsp. granulated sweetener of choice or more, to taste
4 eggs - medium
24 g coconut flour
50 g almond meal/flour
80 ml natural yoghurt unsweetened
pinch salt to taste
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
Lemon drizzle
3 tbsp. lemon juice
4 tbsp. powdered sweetener or more, to taste

Please see Libby's cooking instructions here

... just getting my tea cup and plate!


All the best Jan

12 comments:

Debby Ray said...

Oh...these look SO yummy! I gotta try them! Thanks for the recipe, Jan!

Anonymous said...

oh this would great with a cup of tea, something sweet is the thing my husband misses most and this is one of his favorite flavours,, I will definitely try these,,

William Kendall said...

Those look tasty!

happyone said...

I sure do like lemon and that sure looks good.

Lee said...

They look delicious...I wouldn't mind a couple right now! :)

Martha said...

This looks very tasty. I really like lemon-flavoured cakes.

Iris Flavia said...

It doesn´t sound too sweet, and looks great, too!

Dianna said...

Jan, thank you for another scrumptious looking goodie. I want to give this a try and will let you know how it goes. Your cup and saucer and plate are BEAUTIFUL...so dainty.

Mary Kirkland said...

I'm gonna have to try some almond flour for some recipes, this sounds good.

Magic Love Crow said...

Yummy lemon bars! Thank you Jan!

Carol Blackburn said...

Well, this had me until I read "yogurt"......I don't like yogurt was wondering if cream cheese or heavy cream could be substituted. I'd really love to make these as my husband loves lemon squares and this might be really nice to surprise him with. Thanks!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

All things lemon are my favorite things! I love that these are sugar free. Definitely going to try these. Hope you have a lovely weekend! xx Karen