3 cups of ground almonds
1 cup sharp (mature) cheddar cheese finely grated
1 tbsp. baking powder
a dash of cayenne
4 eggs whisked
4 tbsp. butter melted
ground sea salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients ground almonds, cheese and baking powder, add as much cayenne as you like, and a little ground salt.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and the melted butter together, making sure you don’t scramble the eggs.
4. Then mix the egg mixture into the ground almond mixture.
5. Now form the mixture into loose balls and place on the baking parchment.
Almond meal may also be known as ground almonds. You can grind almonds using a blender to make your own almond meal, the power of your blender will dictate how fine your almond meal will become.
Low Carb Scones: Devonshire Tea : Devon a Beautiful UK County see it here
Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas and articles within this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan