Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 August 2020

Chorizo Frittata Anyone : Can Make a Tasty Lunch

Here we have two tasty recipe suggestions for a Frittata containing Chorizo, I wonder which one you may prefer - perhaps you will try both!

Lunchbox Chorizo Frittata

Why not enjoy a thick slice of Spanish omelette, packed with chorizo, peas and potatoes. This can be enjoyed hot or cold. Keep a few slices handy in the fridge for lunches or a speedy midweek tea. 

Ingredients
Serves Four 
1 tsp oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 red pepper, seeds removed, chopped
200g/7oz chorizo, skin removed and roughly chopped
6 free-range eggs
50ml/2fl oz milk
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
200g/7oz cooked potatoes, roughly chopped
100g/3½oz frozen peas
2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
green salad, to serve
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Heat an ovenproof frying pan on the hob until just hot, then add the oil, onion and red pepper and fry for 2 minutes, until just softened. Turn the heat up, add the chorizo and cook for 3-4 minutes until it has released its oil and is crisp around the edges. The mixture will go a lovely red colour.
2. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a large jug and whisk with the milk, a pinch of salt and plenty of black pepper.
3. Add the garlic and potatoes to the chorizo mixture and fry for another 2 minutes, stirring gently, until just hot through. Add the peas and cook for another minute, until the whole mixture is hot.
4. Pour in the egg, stir briefly, turn down to a medium heat and scatter the parsley over the top. Fry without stirring, for 1–2 minutes, then carefully lift the edge of the frittata with a spatula to check if it is cooked and golden-brown underneath. If it isn’t, cook for another minute then check again.
5. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10–12 minutes. When the top is bubbled up and slightly golden use a tea towel to grab the handle and give the pan a gentle shake. If the middle wobbles it needs a little longer. If it’s fairly firm, put it aside to cool slightly.
6. Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a plate. You can serve this hot or cold but make sure to let it cool to room temperature before storing it in a sealable container in the fridge. Cut it into slices and serve with a green salad.


Each serving provides:
27g protein, 17g carbohydrates, 26g fat, 4g fibre, 2.2g salt.
From original idea here

For readers who prefer a lower carb frittata without potatoes, this is tasty.

Frittata with Fresh Spinach, Chorizo (or bacon)

This gorgeous dish looks so tasty - and it is! Simple to make, it combines eggs, spinach, chorizo (or bacon) and some grated cheese! So nutritious and as my grand-daughter may say ... 'it's yummy in your tummy'

Ingredients:
Serves Four
4g carb per serving
150 g (5oz) diced chorizo (or bacon)
2 tbsp butter
225 g (8oz) fresh spinach
8 eggs
225 ml (1 cup) heavy (double) whipping cream
150 g (5oz) shredded (grated) cheese
salt and pepper

Please see recipe instructions here


Just serve with a lovely cup of coffee or tea.

This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

29 comments:

Catarina said...

My frittatas never look that good!!
: )

Tom said...

...looks yummy!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Both of the Frittata look delicious. LOL, Yummy in my tummy!

Thanks for sharing! Take care, enjoy your day!

Sally said...

I've never made a frittata, and both of yours look wonderful! I'll have to try making one when I get my apron back on. :)

xoxo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love anything made with eggs for lunch! So refreshing and nourishing too! I'll have ice tea though. Still too hot here for hot beverages! Enjoy your day.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh these look sooo darn good. I use Chorizo a lot. However, I use Mexican Chorizo.

Christine said...

Delicious!

mamasmercantile said...

Both look delicious but sadly I am not a fan of chorizo.

Elephant's Child said...

I do love frittata and often make and enjoy it. Neither of these variations are for me though.

Sue said...

These look delicious, I love Spanish omelette - especially when I can have them in Spain! Take care, Sue xx

Susan Kane said...

Looks awesome. Have the recipe printed up, taped on the cabinet.

William Kendall said...

I can't recall ever having chorizo.

happyone said...

Yummy, that looks delicious.

Angela said...

Whau, this all looks so good!!

My name is Erika. said...

It's after dinner but now I am hungry. This looks really really yummy to me. Even a good breakfast.

sage said...

They both look very good!

www.thepulpitandthepen.com

Margaret D said...

Never had that but it looks alright and read ok.

Jo said...

They both look delicious, I wouldn't be able to choose between them.

Evi Erlinda said...

This frittata looks tasty and flavorful!

Iris Flavia said...

Too hot for cooking now, but I keep it in mind (we have river Oker nearby and it feels like being in a sauna!)

Jeanie said...

I'm waking upp to this -- I wish I had the ingredients to make it right now!

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Divers and Sundry said...

The frittatas look delicious! I've never made one, but these recipes look doable. Thx

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Both look nice.

baili said...

Delicious recipes indeed
I would prefer second one as I love spinach :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Miriam is the frittata maker in the family (although there is no good reason I shouldn't do it) and I haven't had a good chorizo sausage in a long time, so perhaps it's time to tell my arteries to get ready for a one time assault! In general we are eating far less meat and sausages have not been high on our list. Tonight for example we grilled some of our homemade turkey burgers and had them with a Greek salad. Pretty good too! The gin and tonic in the patio beforehand hit the spot!

Debbie said...

spinach with bacon would be my favorite!! YuM!!!

carol l mckenna said...

Delish ~ my kind of meal ^_^

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Phil Slade said...

I wish I could get Sue to like chorizo. It's a great addition to a chicken kebab or as a roux for a tomato soup mix.