Total Pageviews

Friday 7 August 2020

Baked Salmon with Parmesan and Parsley Crust : The Mary Berry Way


Mary Berry is one of the best-known and respected cookery writers and broadcasters in the UK. This is her recipe for easy baked salmon with luscious crunchy parmesan crust, which can be on the table in no time.

Ingredients
Serves Six
6 x 150g/5oz salmon fillets, skinned
salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g/6oz cream cheese
small clove garlic, crushed
½ lemon, grated rind only

25g/1oz fresh white breadcrumbs
(you can use a lower carb bread or toasted pine nuts if preferred)

25g/1oz fresh, coarsely grated parmesan
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
paprika

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.

2. Season both sides of the salmon fillets and place on a greased baking sheet or roasting tin.

3. Mash the cream cheese with the garlic, salt and pepper and lemon rind.

4. Divide into six and spread on top of each salmon fillet.

5. Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley in a small bowl and season.

6. Sprinkle on top of the cream cheese mixture and dust with paprika.

7. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. To tell when the salmon is done, it will have changed from translucent to an opaque pink.

8. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley.

From original idea here

'Posh Roasted Vegetables - The Mary Berry Way' 
You may have seen this popular vegetarian recipe suggestion from Mary before.
It is a different take on a classic ratatouille with the vegetables arranged prettily in a dish,
and you serve it in slices, see here




A variety of recipe ideas are within this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

24 comments:

Tom said...

...they both look great.

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks very delicious, wish I had it here for this evening! Valerie

Christine said...

The salmon looks delicious!

Margaret D said...

Yummy, I will be in that.

R's Rue said...

Yum. Happy weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

This Salmon recipe looks delicious, thanks for sharing!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Sandra Cox said...

Don't those roasted veggies look wonderful? My daughter sent me some grilled artichokes. Yum.
Have a wondrous weekend:)

Conniecrafter said...

I will have to share this with my hubby, he loves Salmon!

CJ Kennedy said...

I like Mary Berry. The salmon sounds like a really good recipe

Sandi said...

Yum! I have everything but the cream cheese. Would be good without probably,

Elephant's Child said...

Those vegies do look posh - and delicious.

Divers and Sundry said...

I have some salmon in the fridge right now :) Maybe I'll try this recipe, thx!

Sue said...

Ooh these look delicious, you can't beat Mary Berry. Take care and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

happyone said...

Oh I like the roasted vegetables dish!!

aussie aNNie said...

mmmmm so delish awesome vegies here too...have a lovely weekend. x

Jo said...

Although I don't like salmon, it does look appetising and a nice light meal for these hot days.

José Ramón said...

Un placer pasar por tu blog, Saludos de fin de Semana

RO said...

Yummy recipes, and I love Mary too! I fell in love with her when she was on the British Baking Show and miss seeing her. Hope you're doing well! Hugs, RO

mxtodis123 said...

My hubby would love that salmon. It's $9.99 a pound here so he will have to wait on that one.

My name is Erika. said...

I love salmon and am definitely going to try this next time. It looks delicious and a nice change. And posh veggies would be fun too. I'm not very experimental with veggies and I should be. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Delish

Louca por porcelana said...

Hummm,delicious!!!

carol l mckenna said...

Both very yummy looking and healthy too!


Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

ps. ~ Apologies for tardiness in commenting

Jeanie said...

This looks so good, I copied it down before I even came to comment. Cooking fish isn't my specialty but I love salmon and I'm definitely giving this one a try, once I can feel comfy going to get some salmon!